Eight: Back to U.A.

Shota's POV

Sorry, Zashi. It hurts to say you're just my friend. Not that you like me anyway, though. I thought.

We went home and I put on my U.A. uniform. Then we went to the school. We walked through the corridor, and as soon as people noticed us, the murmuring started up again. I took a deep breath and ignored it. I just stared at the floor as I walked down the hallway. No one notice me... Please. I prayed.
"He's so selfish." I heard someone say. "Go die!" Another person yelled to me. "Just ignore them." Yamada whispered to me, still looking straight ahead. "What are you doing walking with him?!" One more person yelled. "Zashi.." I said, wanting to run away. Hizashi grabbed my arm and we continued walking to class. I put my head up, and smiled a fake smile."Why the hell are you smiling, freak?!" Someone else yelled at me. My eyes welled up with tears, and I grabbed Yamada's hand and clutched it tightly. "Calm down, Shota." He said. That was when an extra set of footsteps was heard beside us. It was Kayama. "Why is Kayama there? She's a freak too, now." Someone yelled. "I thought you were cool, Kayama!" Another person yelled, but to Kayama.
"Guys!" A girl yelled. Her voice sounded familiar. It was the girl who told us about all the rumors. "Shota? What happened to your eye?" She asked. I squeezed Hizashi's hand tighter and stayed silent. "It's a long story. What do you want?" I asked, annoyed. "Hold on." She said. "Everyone, go on your phones and check the news!" The girl yelled loudly.
I went on my phone and checked the news, I was shocked by what I saw. I choked on absolutely nothing because of it. It was about the death of my parents, and everything about the "missing" rumors about me.

--------------------
The news
------------------------

"Hello, I'm April Nicole, your host. Welcome to Channel 6. This week's news is:

A young boy's parents were devoured by an unknown species. It could have been a Nomu, but no worries. It's dead now. The point is, the young boy, Shota Aizawa, was declared missing not too long ago. It turns out, he was found and is safe. Shota Aizawa ran away from home long before this happened and the reasoning has been discovered. We've contacted him and he has given us permission to say the reasoning itself.
The boy's parents were abusive, and even so, we wish they may rest in peace. As for Shota Aizawa, he will be placed in the Yamada residence until the government can find a further solution to these issues."

--------------------------------

I could hear the loud gasps of the other students in the school. "Now so you see, people? It's not Shota's fault!" The girl yelled. She was the reason I wasn't sitting in a corner, dying right now.
For some reason, that... that gave me courage. I grabbed Yamada's hand and ran out of the school, dragging him along. I took him to the side of the building, kind of smiling. "Shota, what's wrong?" He asked.
"Yamada, I need to tell you something. And I've needed to get this off my chest for a while now." I started to say. "Of course, go ahead!" He responded. I sighed and grabbed his other hand. "I... love you." I confessed, smiling as I looked into his bright green eyes.
"You... You love me?" He asked, shocked. I nodded, instantly regretting my life choices. "Yeah, I love you. I don't mean as a friend, Hizashi. I mean I really love you!" I said, my smile shrinking a bit smaller.
I started squeezing his hand again. "Shota, I... don't know what to say." He said, that nervous twinkle in his eye. "But... I love you too. I know I do, whenever I look at you, I get butterflies and my face heats up, and you're the best thing that's ever happened to me." He said, smiling.
I was at a loss for words at what he had just said. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled. Hizashi returned the hug, smiling. Then, for some reason, he pulled away from the hug. "Uh, Shota... can I try something?" He asked.
(Consent is smexy)
"Yeah." I nodded as I spoke. Hizashi leaned closer to me until his lips touched mine. He... Kissed me. I was in shock for a couple seconds, but eventually I returned the kiss.
It lasted about 10 more seconds. "Shota, will you go out with me?" Yamada asked, still smiling. I nodded rapidly and flung my arms around him once again. It may not have been in the right situation, but I'm glad it happened.