Six: Breakdown

For the next few days, Yamada came to visit me, a couple times he brought Tohru, his mom, along with him. It was the day I got discharged from the hospital, Friday. And Hizashi and Tohru were coming to get me. "Shota, your friends are here to see you." A nurse said. I gave him a smile, Yamada and Tohru walked into the room. "Hi, Zashi, Mrs. Yamada." I said, smiling slightly.
For a couple of minutes, Me, Hizashi, and Tohru talked. "Hizashi, can you leave the room for a second?" Tohru inquired. I shot my eyes at her and Yamada left the room. "Shota, I think now's the time you make your move! Go tell him you like him before it's too late!" She said in a encouraging, strong voice. I looked away from her, trying to hide my anger and hesitation.
"No. The time's not right. I want to wait." I told her. She grabbed my hand and looked at me with a serious look in her eyes. "Do it, before you're out of school and you split paths and possibly never see him again!" She yelled. I didn't want to hide my anger anymore.
I stood up. "But what if I do and he rejects me. I'd be humiliated," My voice cracked. "and probably lose my best friend!" I started. "I'm sorry but, I can't risk losing my best friend again." I continued, with tears filling my eyes. "Okay, but----" I cut Tohru off. "But nothing! If telling Hizashi I love him means losing another one of my friends, then fu¢k it!" I screamed as I started crying. I walked out of the room and slammed the door shut. "Shota are you oka---" Hizashi tried to ask, but I stopped him. "Just... Go." I replied as I started running away with tears rolling down my face. I could hear Hizashi's footsteps quickly following mine. "Shota, come back!" He yelled.
I started to run even faster. "Just leave me alone! I don't wanna talk to you right now!" I yelled at him. I turned a corner, that was he stopped running.

(Yamada's POV)

I stopped running when Shota turned a corner. I sighed and walked into the room Shota was in before he ran away. I slammed the door shut. "What did you say to him?!" I yelled at my mom. She looked guilty. "I was just telling him to do something that he needs to do, but he got mad and snapped at me. I didn't know he'd take it so badly." She confessed. "Shota's not the type to act so calm when he's overwhelmed or angry! You've met him, you should know this!" I yelled again, pacing back and forth.
I thought about Shota for a minute and my face got hot. "Hizashi, is your face red because you're angry, or for a different reason?" My mom asked. I looked at her, surprised. "Come on, I'm your mother. You can tell me anything." She continued. I gave in and told her. "I have feelings for Shota." I said quickly and quietly. "Oh my god!!" She screamed like a teenage girl.
"What?" I asked, confused. She realized what she was doing. "Nothing, it's fine. But, can I give you some advice?" My mom asked. I figured it wouldn't hurt. "Okay, what advice do you have for me?" I asked, sitting next to her. "Tell him that you like him soon. Before it's too late and he walks away from you forever." She said, looking into my eyes with a smile.
"Okay, maybe after the next few chapt- days." I replied, standing up.
______________________________________________________
A/N: Sorry it's so short, I just felt like that was good place to end the chapter. And yes, I made him break the fourth wall on purpose.