Four: Hospitalized

(3rd person POV)

Shota and Hizashi ditched school and went to get some tea. "Are you feeling any better, Shota?" Hizashi asked. Shota, the other, nodded his head and continued drinking his tea. "That's good. I'm glad you're okay." Yamada said as his lips curved to form a large smile.
"Hey, Yamada." Shota started, and before Yamada could say anything, the young boy spoke once more. "Nevermind I'll tell you later." He set his cup of tea down. "Do you want more tea?" Shota changed the subject quickly. Yamada gave the other a blank look. "Yes, I was just about to get some more." He spoke up.
Shota poured the rest of his tea into Hizashi's cup, since they ordered the same beverage. "Thanks, I guess. Where are you going?" He asked as he watched his friend open the door to their stop. "Outside, for some fresh air. Don't worry, I'm not leaving you." Shota chuckled. Yamada's face went red.
"A---- Alright!" He exclaimed. Shota walked out the door and stood by the wall. The young boy stared at the sky as he slid his back down the wall. His eyelids became heavy, and he stood back up. The young boy walked back into the building and went to Yamada. "Let's go. I'm tired and I don't feel like going anywhere."
"Okay, we can leave. I'll just pay really quick." Yamada smiled as he spoke. His smile was wide, and bright. He walked away to the counter and gave the cashier some money. "Alright, we can go now." He said, but Shota was leaning against the doorway, sleeping.
Yamada rolled his eyes and tapped Shota's shoulder. "Sho, wake up. We're going back to school." He said, in a soft tone. "No, I'm hated." Shota whined. Yamada smiled and tapped Shota's cheek. "You have to. I know you're sad and tired, but you have to go to school." Yamada said, as he lifted Shota's feet off the ground, sending him to a state of shock.

Yamada's POV because 3rd person is hard for me.

I picked Shota up, and carried him to school bridal style. "Yamada! Put me down!" He yelled as I started walking. I ignored him, and continued walking. "Hey, I'm talking to you!" He started again. Shota kept yelling at me to put him down. I finally put him down after we reached the school. He tried to run away.
"No, You have to stay." I said, grabbing his hand. It made me blush, knowing I was holding his hand. I grabbed my phone to check the time. "Oh, it's third period already. I guess we don't have to be here right now." I said. Shota smiled and ran back out the gate. I figured he would run back to my house, but he ran the direction to his house. "Shota, you're going the wrong way!" I yelled and started following closely behind him.
I kept chasing him until he stopped at his house. I stopped too, and walked up to him. He slowly walked to the front door. He reached into his pocket, grabbed keys, and unlocked the door. He slowly opened it and walked into the house. "Mother? Fath- OH MY GOD!" Shota ran as fast as he could out of that house. He looked traumatized when I looked at him.
I walked up to him, and slowly stepped into his house. I looked around, until I saw it. I ran back out of the house, terrified. "Should we call the police?! What even is that thing?!" I panicked. Shota stayed silent, I turned my head to look at him. He was hyperventilating. "My parents... Are being eaten. By a... human-eating monster THING!" He yelled, taking breaths.
Shota ran back into the house and jumped onto It. He kept on attacking it until it finally just grabbed him and threw Shota across the room. It leaped over to Shota, and tried to bite him. But he kept fighting It. Instead, he got scratched and bitten a little. He was hurt pretty bad after It just gave up and went back to Shota's parents.
I quickly ran into the house, grabbed Shota, got out, and shut the door. Shota was bleeding, and he was unconscious. I took my phone out of my pocket and called the paramedics. "I need an ambulance! My friend is hurt! He needs to be taken to a hospital." I said, panic in my voice. They said they would send an ambulance and I hung up the phone.
When the paramedics showed up, they told me I could ride in the back of the ambulance. Once they started driving, I looked at Shota, who was still unconscious. My eyes welled with tears and I tried to stop myself from crying, but it didn't work. Shota's always getting hurt near me. And I feel like it's always my fault. Like I'm the reason he's always getting hurt.

At the hospital

At the hospital, they put Shota on a hospital bed and put a ventilator on him. "The injuries are indeed severe. He'll need to stay here for another week for recovery, but afterwards, he should be fine. May I ask how this happened?" The doctor stated. I hesitated to tell her. "Well, we ditched school to go get some tea from one of our favorite cafe's." I started.
"And then we went back to school, but it was already third period, so we had free period. So he ran in the direction of his house, and I followed him. And when he opened the door, he screamed 'oh my god' and when he ran back out, I went inside, and there was this monster thing. And it was eating his parents. So he ran back into the house, and attacked it. But then it threw him across the room, and it was trying to eat him I'm guessing, but he kept fighting it, so he got scratched and bitten. And... Uhm. his head is bleeding, too" I continued.
"Oh. Well, that sounds terrifying. Does this boy have anywhere he can stay?" The doctor asked. I nodded my head. "Yes! He can stay at my house. Actually, Shota's been staying with my mom and I for a few weeks now." I replied. The doctor smiled genuinely at me and walked back into the room Shota was in.
I followed her and sat in a chair next to Shota's hospital bed. "Shota I'm so sorry." I mumbled to myself. That was when I heard something. It sounded like a soft groan, or a sigh. I looked at Shota and ran up to his bed. "Sho---- Shota! Are you awake?" I panicked, and grabbed his hand. But he was still unconscious. "Please... Live. I know you're messed up pretty bad but... I need you. You need to live. For me." I begged. Tears streamed down my cheeks. His scars, bruises, cuts, scratches, bites, and other injuries, were cleaned by the doctors, but his newest injuries, were starting to show some red again.
I squeezed his hand tightly, and his body tensed up, even if he was sleeping. "Hey kid, I need you to stop squeezing your friend. He'll start bleeding again." The doctor said. My face went hot. I put my hand on the back of my neck. "S--- Sorry." I said, and shamefully went back to the chair I was sitting on before.
After a few minutes, I stood up and went home. "Hey, what are you doing back so early?" My mom asked. I hesitated to tell her anything. "Shota's in the hospital." I quickly said and headed upstairs. "Hizashi, wait!" She yelled. I stepped back down the stairs. "What do you mean Shota's in the hospital?" My mom asked with concern in her voice. "He... Got hurt. Bad. And he'll be in the hospital for another week." I said, looking away. I headed back up the stairs.
As soon as I was out of sight, I started running toward my room. When I got into my room, I shut the door behind me and slid my back down the door. I put my head down with my arms on my knees. "I can't keep explaining this to people. I can't keep saying how Shota's in the hospital. It makes it seem like I don't care." I mumbled, putting my head back up.
A few tears rolled down my cheeks. That was when I heard a quiet knock on my bedroom door. "Hizashi, are you alright?" I heard my mom's voice. That was when the tears started constantly falling.