Nineteen

Charlotte Bartlett

We stood there in front of hundreds of people. I felt the eyes all on me, I was enduring so much stress. I still couldn't get over the fact that Carter was there.

What a psycho.

But my attention was brought back when Nate said sweet words to me as vows that he probably didn't write.

It hurt, I was fooling myself into thinking he'd truly love me. We didn't even fully know each other. But I wanted it desperately, I wanted to be loved by him. I hated myself for it, for being so needy. I could only blame my hormones so much. But I wanted it, his love and affection.

His face looked sincere as he spoke. The twinkle in his green eyes were enchanting, I just couldn't help myself but get consumed. He looked so sexy in that suit, I couldn't help but force myself to stare just at his face. I couldn't look nervous, god knows if I even looked nervous I'd never hear the end of it from my mother.

We said our I do's and joined hands being pronounced man and wife. It was official, I was now Mrs Charlotte Alice Crawford.

———————————————————

Third Person P.O.V.

They made their way to the old estate in a town car. Charlotte's eyes were glued to the outside world, she was scared to see his face. She felt his eyes on her, piercing down her skin.

The divider came down "5 minutes out sir" Charlotte heard in the back of her mind and nodded and the divider came back up.

"Charlotte" he said and she continued her gaze "Tesoro" he said a note louder and she looked over at him as he stared at her.

"Yes?" She questioned softly and he paused for a moment just staring at her.

"The reception is for a few hours and then we head to Cornwall, our appointment is tomorrow" she nodded her head softly.

"Why Cornwall?" She questioned.

She knew of the town. But it was very spaced out and quiet, it was a wealthy town but mostly for the rich who'd hide away or retire.

"I used to go there often" he replied "to clear my head" she looked even more confused.

"So why bring the thing that's most bothersome to you right now, with you?" she chuckled and he didn't respond. She still didn't understand the man and knew she never would.

They sat in silence for a bit until he spoke.

"Are you okay after-" he paused as she met his gaze once more.

"You know Carter... showing up?" He questioned and she nodded.

"I'm fine" she said sternly her legs crossed.

"overwhelmed, but fine" she sighed.

"So-" he began to question and she cut him off.

"So he was my ex boyfriend, that's the man who fucked my assistant. Got a whole show to" she chuckled "cant believe he'd do that, so embarrassing" she leaned back.

"I'm very sorry-" she cut him off "no apologies" she added and he nodded.

"If I could've you know I would've-" he started but the car stopped and the door opened where Belle stood cross armed.

"Where the hell have you two been! You my dear are late!" Belle said frustrated as she gently helped Charlotte from the car followed by Nate who supported her back.

If Onlyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें