Chapter 53. Practice

Warning: This chapter is NSFW.

______________

Astrid slipped Everly into her cot bed, the toddler sleeping soundly after her supper.

            "Where did Severus get to?" She asked Lucius over her shoulder as she caressed the cheek of her sweet child before withdrawing her delicate hand. "You didn't kill him, did you?" Astrid joked looking around the chambers. They had returned to the office with a quick stop by the kitchens for some supper, Lucius didn't wish to dine in the Great Hall with the students, all eyes would be on him, they knew who he was, what he had done.

            "No," Lucius mouth curled up into an amused smile. "Amycus came by, said he had urgent business to see to in Hogsmead... Severus left with him... and I came to find the two of you."

            Lucius stepped over to Astrid, who rested her hands gently on the footboard of the cot bed. He placed a sweet kiss upon her cheek as he stood behind her, his chest pressed lightly against her back. She leant back, resting her head against him, and sighed as the two of them looked over their sleeping daughter. 

            "She looks more like her mother every day, beautiful, glowing, she will be a fine accomplished young witch one day," Lucius exhaled into Astrid's ear, he wrapped his arms lovingly around her petite frame, pulling her tighter against his chest.

            "I think she looks like you... I see very little of me in her." Astrid sighed, she wondered if Everly did look like her, and it was her detachment from their time lost that made her think otherwise.

            "She is the very essence of you, my dear," Lucius whispered, kissing atop of Astrid's head as his hands fell to her hips. "Perhaps one day, we will have another child and they shall embody me?" He pondered.

            "You have Draco, he is every bit his father's son." Astrid reminded him with a slap to his hand as they began to explore her waist.

            "Yes, I guess he is... perhaps we could have a son together, a perfect mix of you and I," Lucius sighed into her hair as his hands ran over the curve of her bottom. Astrids lips pressed into a knowing smile as her fiancé explored her body over the top of her dress.

            "I would love to have a son, one day. The time is... not right." Astrid told him with a sigh, she rotated in his hold to face him, his arms allowing her the movement until he locked her in place against his chest.

            "When Severus told me... about the phantom child... I have never felt such sadness." Lucius exhaled, his breath tickling Astrids lips. "But at the same time, guiltily, I felt relief." He admitted. Astrid swallowed and nodded in understanding.

            "I felt it too, I was... devastated, but relieved, and the guilt of my relief ate at me..."

            "Once this war is over..." Lucius hummed, taking Astrid's hand in his own, he pulled it up to his lips, placing soft kisses along her knuckles, before positioning her palm against his stubbled cheek. "I will give you as many children as you wish."

            "Is that a promise?" Astrid let out a small chuckle.

            "It is."

            "I never really saw myself as a mother, but when I did think to the future... I only ever imagined having two, I do not think me patient enough for more than that!" She laughed; he missed her laugh. The way her face lit up for just a moment, her eyes sparkling in the candlelight.

            "I suggest we have a little practice at making number two, just to be well prepared... for after the war..." Lucius smirked as he planted numerous small kisses around Astrid's face. He eventually made his way to her lips, kissing her softly at first, gentlemanly, but the kiss grew deeper and hungrier within moments, and soon they were both gripping each other until their knuckles were white.