Chapter 6. Whatever It Takes

Astrid found herself captivated by Lucius' touch, the way his thumb caressed her lip sent shivers down her spine and left a tingle on her pink pout. She breathed unsteadily, almost having the urge to close her eyes and lean into the man, but something brought her back from her euphoric state and made her jump away from his touch as if she'd gotten an electric shock. Lucius' brows furrowed, confused by the girl's reaction, the man thought he'd won her over oh so easily, slowly he leant his cane against Astrids mahogany desk and raised his hands as if he was approaching a wild animal. Astrid shook her head no as Lucius began to step towards her, but he halted, heading her warning.

"No," Astrid whisper, "Uh-uh no, whatever your reasons... I do not trust them, I do not trust you," Her voice was but a cracked whisper. Lucius moved towards her now, determination in his step he quickly grabbed the young woman by the wrists, she had fear in her eyes now and Lucius almost got a sting of pleasure from it, seeing her scared beneath him. Despite the fear she pulled against his hold, trying to free herself from his strong grasp.

"You can trust me Astrid, that first day, its water under the bridge, I just want us to be friends," Lucius cooed.

"You're hurting me Lucius," The young lady whimpered. Lucius released his hold immediately, he hadn't realised how much he had tightened his grip on the girl, leaving white fingerprint marks around her slender wrists.

"Leave," The girl ordered shakily, but Lucius did not listen.

"I will not,"

"Get out!" Astrid shouted this time, with no faltering in voice she stood firm, arm outstretched pointing at the door. Lucius felt as if he'd lost control, and he needed to gain it back quickly, again he moved towards the girl, quickly snaking one arm around her back and the other grasping her hip he leaned in to kiss her his lips hitting hers roughly, she struggled against him at first, pushing hard on his chest, but eventually the fight left her body and Astrid kissed the man back. She almost went like jelly in his arms. Lucius' tongue licked her lips asking for permission and at that moment the realisation of what she was doing washed over her. She broke the kiss away turning her head to the side abruptly and wriggling out of his arms.

"No, no, no," she said to herself as she put her back to him, she rubbed her hand across her lips, as if the action could erase the kiss all together. Running a hand over her scalp and through her blonde waves she breathed heavily, resting a delicate hand on her heart. Lucius observed her a moment as she regained herself, he tried to look into her mind, he only saw a fleeting glimpse before he found himself quickly blocked off.

"Stay out of my head!" She cried, leaning against one of the students' desks. After calming down and find her courage Astrid turned back towards Lucius, he was still standing exactly where she left him, his face was not how she imagined, she thought him to be angry, seething, but the reality was he was calm and composed, almost patient.

"You are married," Astrid exhaled. Lucius licked his teeth, glancing away for a moment before he responded.

"Married for show, we live very separate lives," Lucius explained, he didn't need to, not to her, but for some reason he wanted to.

"You are a parent of one of my students," Astrid scolded, her nose wrinkling.

"Draco needn't find out," Lucius spoke, the corner of his mouth upturning slightly.

"You're a governor of this school," Astrids eyes narrowed on the man.

"Our involvement doesn't have to be public knowledge," Lucius spoke. Of course, he knew it was inappropriate for a governor to be fraternising with a staff member, for obvious reasons of clouded judgement and bias, but Lucius did not care. He thought himself above the rules.