Chapter 21

You finally wake up the next day, it was pretty late. You weren't sure why you slept so long but at least you didn't wake up tired.

You checked the time and hopped out of bed, soon realizing William wasn't in the bed. But you figured considering it was 2pm. Putting on your pants, you leave the room, heading downstairs and looking around to see if anyone was there.

You see Michael, sitting on the couch staring at the ground. His legs were extended in front of him, his ankles crossed. His arms were crossed over his chest and he breathed heavily. He looked.. angry. You bite your lip, not sure if you should say anything.

Michael glanced up at you, sniffling. "He's as work.." he choked out. A single tear slid down his face.

You look at him, concerned yet confused. So you walk over, sitting down on the couch next to him.

"Are you ok-."

Before you could finish, Michael wrapped his arms around you. He stayed quiet for a moment, and so did you.

You brought a hand up, soothingly rubbing his back.

He hiccuped.

"Not one person in my family likes me.." he cried out.

You furrow your eyebrows, pulling back to look at him. You held onto his shoulders gently, "what happened?"

"M-My mom.." he choked. He wiped his eyes and shook his head.

"I'm so stupid for being upset." He said. He grabbed onto his own hair out of anger. "I'm just a mistake to her.. I'm the reason all this is happening. How do I know? She came and picked up Evan and Elizabeth and dea-" he stopped, biting his lip.

You frown, pulling him close again.

"She dead told me I better get used to my f-father.. because I'm just.. I'm just a bother... and she'll eventually have the will power to deal with me.." he sobbed. "I knew I was just a mistake.."

Michael has felt like he was nothing but a bother. Like all he did was stress his mom out. All sorts of things that the average teenager uses to think lowly of themselves has ran through his head. Sometimes his thoughts are 100x worse.

But no one wants to hear that. No one wants to hear their parents admit that those thoughts are right. You sat there, holding onto him. You didn't know what to do.

"I'm sorry.." you say. "Michael, you're not a bother." You say, looking him in the eye. "You're nothing but amazing. She just can't see that. You're not a bother, you aren't a mistake."

You grabbed his chin, "look at me."

He sniffled, looking anywhere but in your eyes. "Please, y/n I don't want you to deal with my shit any longer.."

"Michael." You say sternly.

He then looked at you, his eyes glossy. Underneath of them were their usual shade of purple-ish red but they were all puffy.

"Don't listen to her.." you say. You bit your cheek, sighing.

You pulled him into a hug, "I'm here.. I'm here for you now.. that's all that matters."

He just nodded, sitting up and wiping his eyes. "You must think I'm a little bitch.." he said, chuckling.

"Never." You say, chuckling back.

You kiss his head.

"I'm hungry.." he said, laughing.

You shake your head, smiling. "Pizza?"