Chapter 3

It was the next day, you still hadn't explained to your parents why you rushed out from the Afton house. However they didn't question it at all anymore since it happened, seeing as you wouldn't budge.

Your parents were at work and you were just waking up.

You look at the clock on your side, "1pm.. Jesus I need to get a life." You mumble, sitting up and getting out of bed.

You change from the pajamas you were wearing to another, yet clean, pair of pajamas. Sliding on your slippers before you headed downstairs.

You were relaxing on your couch, watching tv, when you heard a knock on the door. Assuming it was probably a mailman or something due to the time, you make little effort when going to the door.

You open the door and immediately freeze, staring at the man in front of you.

"Hello.." he says, his accent thick.

"H-Hey- hi-" you mutter.

"My wife told me about last night and I wanted to come over and apologize to you for what happen-"

"N-No it's fine! Totally fine! Don't apologize, it was your house and-" you ramble on as you lean against your door, making it creak slightly.

William stared at you, watching as you choked out words to apologize with. He then put a finger to your lips, chuckling.

"I'm William." He then says, moving his finger and holding out his hand.

You glance at his hand, taking it and shaking it firmly. "I'm y/n.." you say.

"Glad we could properly introduce ourselves..." William says, smiling. "Are your parents home?" He asks.

"Oh- no actually, they're at work.."

"You're home alone!? Any babysitter?" He cooed.

You laugh, "I'm 19, I don't need a babysitter.." you say. You then realize you never let go of his hand but you don't do anything, blissfully taking in this very moment.

"19.. you're not that much older than my eldest son." William says, his eyes scanning you up and down.

"Michael, I'd assume? I met him yesterday actually. How old is he?"

"17." He says, smiling.

"Oh, nice!" You say before smiling too.

William glanced down before pulling his hand away quickly, wiping it on his pants. "Oh- oh lord I'm so sorry."

"N-No! Don't worry about that.. I.. I forgot.." you say, your face turning red as you force a nervous smile. "W-Why don't you come in? Instead of standing in the cold..!" You say, opening the door.

"Oh thank you dear, but I've got to get going. I've got a pizzeria to run after all. I'd love to talk to you some more to get to know you, yeah?" He says, making you feel a little stupid.

You laugh it off though, "oh! Right! Yeah.. I'd love to talk again sometime, neighbor." You say, mentally smacking yourself in the face.

"Yeah.. I'll see you soon, ok!" He says before turning and walking off your porch.

"Y-Yeah! See ya!" You call out, running back into your house.

What the hell was that, y/n.

——
I'm trying to get this story going but I forgot how hard it is to write fanfic when you've got 1000 ideas running through your head at once 💀