Chapter 8

You and Michael were sat across from each other still. You were sipping at your soda quietly until you saw a familiar tall figure start heading towards you two.

William placed a tray on the table and winked at you. You smiled and shyly looked down, avoiding eye contact with either of them.

Michael mumbled something to himself but you ignored it.

"Enjoy." William said, it almost purred off his tongue.

"Thank you, so much." You say, sitting up straight before looking at Michael.

"Help yourself." He said, grabbing a slice of pizza.

You and Michael were eating and chatting, the two of you went to go in for the last piece of pizza. Your hands touching. Michael's flustered face at the action made you snicker, laughing silently at yourself.

"Take it. I shouldn't have eaten 3 slices, anyways." You say, leaning back.

Michael shook his head, "I can't, take it." He said.

You sat up again, sighing and humming. "Alright." You grabbed the pizza, bringing it to your lips until it was pulled away.

"I'll eat it." And suddenly a pale hand was taking the slice from your hand and into his mouth, staring down at you.

"Oh, William." You say, your face reddening.

Michael rolled his eyes. "I'm so glad we offered it to you." He grumbled.

"What was that?" William said, sternly. "You're getting pushy."

"You're getting pushy." Michael mimicked. He flipped William off before grabbing your hand and darting away.

As he ran away and dragged you along with him he stopped when outside the pizzeria. He caught his breath for a second.

"We gotta leave. He's gonna kick my ass." Michael said, grabbing my hand again. But he then lifted me into his arms, carrying me bridal style. You squeaked.

"Oh! so he's strong.." you tease, grabbing onto him, secretly nervous he'd drop you.

You heard William barking out curses as he hung out the front doors of the pizzeria. "Your ass is dead with I get home, Michael!" He yelled.

Michael just kept running with you in his arms.

——

Setting you down onto your porch, Michael let out a small sigh.

"I'm sorry," he said, running a hand through his hair. He started coughing suddenly.

You rubbed his back, patting it slightly. "Have you smoked lately Michael?" You ask.

He nodded, "damn habit now. Who cares though. If I don't give a shit about me no one else should."

You gasp, "Michael. I care about you." You sigh. "Do your parents know?"

"Nope, it'd only give them another reason to hate me though," he said.

You frown, "Michael... you know you can always come over here and hang out right?"

"Can I?"

"Of course.."

"Thanks, I'd say I'd come over now except I gotta get home and get some things done so I'm not total dead meat later." He sighed out.

You nod, rubbing his shoulder. "Alright well, I'll be here."

Michael smiled, nodding. You kiss his cheek, patting his shoulder before turning to enter your home. Michael looked at you, blushing before scurrying off inside his own house.