Chapter 17

Once the breakfast was finished and you and Michael finished cleaning up the mess you'd made, it was almost as if on cue, that Evan and Elizabeth came downstairs. The two of them were sleepy, walking into the kitchen.

"Daddy.." Elizabeth muttered, giving him grabby hands.

He looked over at her, scooping her up into his arms. "'My baby girl." He said.

You smile, watching the two. Evan walked over to you, grabbing your hand.

"Hi, y/n." He said, smiling at you. "I didn't know you were here."

You smiled back at him, picking him up. He squeaked, not expecting it.

Michael looked over at you two, hiding a stupid smile.

"We made breakfast, you hungry?" Michael asked them, setting the table.

They both nodded.

"Very." Evan said.

You help him get into his seat at the dining table, ruffling his hair a little. He just giggled. You watched as Michael sat down and William set the plates out and such. You sat down right between Michael and William. The two kids on the other side of the table.

William wrapped an arm around you and squeezed you once before he began eating.

You watched as Elizabeth struggled to eat her food. You pout, looking at William.

"Does Elizabeth need her pancakes cut up?" You whisper, William looked at you.

"Oh yeah-"

"I got it." You say, reaching over and taking her plate for you.

"Let y/n cut your pancakes up for you, sweetheart. Ok?" You say to her, giving her a smile.

She returned a smile, grateful.

You cut up her pancakes into small pieces for her. Her mom would usually be the one to do things like that. You didn't mind though.

"Y/N I got it-" Michael said, knowing William wouldn't have offered to help.

You look at him, smiling gently. "It's alright." You say, patting Michael's thigh gently in a reassuring way.

He just turned red. William watched you, raising an eyebrow but he didn't say anything.

You gave Elizabeth her food and cooed, "eat up, Liz." You say.

"You know my name?" She asked, smiling a wide, toothy grin.

"Of course!"

"Do you know my name?" Evan asked, making you look at him.

"No, sorry, Evan. I don't." You joke.

He giggled, going back to eating his food.

William watched you in awe as you messed around with the kids. The smile on your face and the smile on their faces just gave in to the positive aura that surrounded all of you at the moment.

"Y/N.. can you get me juice? It's only fair if you do something for me.." Michael said, looking at you with puppy eyes.

You laugh slightly, "anything for you." You tease, getting up so you could get Michael some juice like the big baby he his.

William looked at Michael, a death glare at that. Michael looked at him.

"What?"

"What's your problem?" William muttered.

"I-I don't have a problem!? What?" Michael scrunched up his face and the two of them started arguing.

Elizabeth hid her face behind her plate and Evan just stared down at his feet. This was nothing new for them.

You went back into the dining room, seeing the two in each others faces.

"Jesus Christ," you mutter.

You walk over to them, pulling Michael away from William. You sat between then and elbowed William.

"Stop it you two. You are not going to ruin this for us." You say sternly, scolding at them.

"But-" William muttered.

"Eat your breakfast, how old are you?"

William went quiet.

"Alright then."

The five of you finished eating in silence. You leaned on William once you were done. Earning a quick glance from Michael. But he didn't say anything thankfully.

You put a hand on Williams thigh and rubbing it gently. "You seem like you need to work on your temper." You whisper.

He grumbled, "he needs to work on his attitude."

"This isn't about him. I'm talking about you..."

He went quiet.

"Thank you, y/n/n." Elizabeth said, hopping off her chair and giving you a smile before running away to head back upstairs.

Evan did the same.

Michael sighed, "I'll be upstairs." He muttered, walking away.

"You're not gonna clea-"

"Leave him be." You say, a hand on Williams chest. You caressed his chest and looked up at him.

"What's his deal?" William muttered.

"Are you for real? After everything that's happening? The bickering between you two were bound to get worse. But don't make him feel bad." You say, sighing.

William just grumbled, leaning back and wrapping an arm around you.

You two stayed like the for a little while, just sitting in silence.

But you broke the silence, "William.." you hum.

"Yeah?"

You look around, making sure no one was around. "Did you.. did you like.. uhm.. last night.."

William looked at you and then his eyes went wide. "Shit."

"You think you could run to the store for me...?"

——
Thank god plan b is a thing. Am I right or am I right? I started writing out what I want to do for the next few chapters...
the plot isn't getting hard to follow or anything is it??