chapter twenty-one

"You look so wonderful in your dress"

"I'm so in love.."

Tenerife Sea- Ed Sheeran

~~~

THE WEDDING

DOVE sat in a dressing gown, as stylists played with her hair, conspiring on what to do with it. The makeup artists had already started on her face, her makeup almost fully done. Effie checked in on her every now and then to check they were on schedule.

Throughout the day, friends visited Dove to keep her company whilst she got ready for her big day. A prominent visitor was Johanna, who was very amused by Glaïne and Effie's enthusiasm. She found it entertaining that they possibly cared more about it all going swiftly than Dove and Finnick did.

"You look hot." Johanna teased.

Dove rolled her eyes playfully at Johanna's comment.

"Have you seen Finnick?" She asked.

"Yeah." Johanna smiled. "Let's just say it takes a lot less effort to doll him up than you."

"It's my wedding day, that means one day off from your taunting." Dove retorted.

"Not a chance, Odair." Johanna smirked.

She headed for the door, waving as she closed it behind her. Dove smiled to herself, happy that Johanna's old self was returning. She felt joyous knowing Johanna was slowly recovering.

"Alright, so." Shauna, Dove's hair stylist began. "I was originally going to curl your hair, but now I don't want to do that. It looks so gorgeous how it is, I might just straighten the ends and fiddle around with some hair accessories. Sound good?" She asked quickly.

"Sure." Dove replied hesitantly.

"Don't worry, you're in good hands." Effie said.

"How's the makeup coming along, Amaris?" Glaïne asked the makeup artist.

"Well." Amaris replied quietly.

"Talk me through it people, talk me through it." Glaïne sassed.

"I was thinking of doing a full face, but neutral colours. We can keep her eyeshadow a cream colour and add a few rhinestones and lashes. Keep her lips the same pink colour. What do you think?" Amaris said to Glaïne, not Dove.

"You know, it's her wedding day. Not yours. Maybe you should ask the bride." Katniss Everdeen stated from the doorway.

"Katniss Everdeen." Dove smirked. "What a pleasant surprise."

"You look stunning already." Katniss smiled.

"Thank you. Also, the makeup idea sounds great Amaris. Thanks." Dove teased her stylists.

Katniss laughed quietly as she sat next to Dove.

"You feeling better?" Dove asked kindly.

"A little sore at times, but it's bearable." Katniss smiled.

"Just take it easy, Mockingjay." Dove winked.

"Nervous yet?" Katniss teased.

"I don't get nervous." Dove joked.

"Please." Glaïne snorted.

Dove glared at Glaïne as Katniss laughed.

"I'll leave you to it." Katniss smiled at Dove as she kissed her cheek.