26 - ARC 3.6

Third P.O.V

The hunting competition takes place in Leafwood Forest. It only happens every 10(0) years, so (Y/N)'s attendance is mandatory.

People come from all over the kingdom for the competition.

"Aren't you excited?"

(Y/N) asks Nathaniel.

"I'm not allowed to go."

(Y/N) then remembered that servants are not allowed to attend the event unless they were selected to serve at the welcoming banquet.

I feel really bad now.

"If I become queen, I'm going to change that rule!"

Nathaniel wondered what (Y/N) meant by 'if', but still thought the idea was sweet.

(Y/N) seems to genuinely care for me.

A warm feeling spread through Nathaniel's chest.

Jack had been waiting for (Y/N) in the carriage so (Y/N) had to deal with him the whole carriage ride.

At the competition, (Y/N) was surprised at how nicely decorated they outside space was.

"Are you ready, my queen?"

Jack escorted (Y/N) to the banquet tent and stuck to (Y/N)'s side like glue.

"Could you get us some drinks?"

(Y/N) asks.

"Sure!"

And (Y/N) was successfully able to get rid of Jack for the time being. Unfortunately, with Jack gone, troublemakers had the guts to approach (Y/N).

"You're (Y/N), right?

A boy who looked oddly familiar asks rudely. There were two other people at his side.

"As the crown prince's fiancée, it is rude to address me so casually."

(Y/N) didn't like using their title, but (Y/N) doesn't start fights, but they finish them.

"Listen here, all you can do is hide behind your title, so don't think you're better than me."

"I don't think, I KNOW I'm better than you. I don't even know why I'm wasting my breath on you, someone who randomly came to pick a fight."

The boy's face turned red.

Wait, he looks just like that one official that challenged me on my first day at the palace!

"W-Whatever!"

The boy and his group walked away. (Y/N) just shrugged at how immature the boy was.

"I'm back!~"

No one knew that a certain prince had seen the entire thing.

It seems like I'm going to have to destroy a bug.

Author's Note: Soooooo yeah, I think we know who Jack's..... fifth(?) victim is going to be.