9 - ARC 1.9

Third P.O.V

Today was the day. (Y/N)'s last day to survive. At midnight tonight, (Y/N) would be free to leave the world.

(Y/N) felt like they were on the moon. They couldn't wait to leave the world.

Not because it was scary, but because they were bored out of their mind!

Not to mention being one step closer to becoming OP.

Even though they were so close to leaving, (Y/N) refused to take any chances.

They played sick all day to avoid going to school. They even made it sound contagious so no one would come into their room.

So (Y/N) enjoyed being lazy and doing nothing all day.

They even managed to escape going to an awkward family dinner with Mary and her father.

Now here they were, counting down the seconds to midnight.

"5...4...3...2...1!!"

(Y/N) shouted in delight.

("System, can I leave the world now?")

["..."]

(Y/N) was worried about the silence on the other end, and was about to ask again when...

["Soul extraction 7% complete."]

"This could take forever."

(Y/N) muttered. So they decided to go to sleep. When the system was done, they would wake up.

Unfortunately, (Y/N) was woken up by someone climbing on top of them.

When they opened their eyes, they saw Gene pinning them down on their bed.

"Aren't you supposed to be with Ma, Pa, and the rest of your family?"

(Y/N) asked.

"Is that really the first thing you want to ask?"

Gene challenged.

"Just answer the question."

(Y/N) asked impatiently.

"You could say... I had a feeling all of them would get into an accident, so I didn't go with."

Gene said in an innocent tone.

"Why are you in my room then. On top of me none the less?"

(Y/N) questioned. Gene leaned close to (Y/N)'s face, so their lips were almost touching.

"I came to punish you for hanging out with that Nick kid so much."

Before (Y/N) could say anything, Gene put a hand over (Y/N)'s mouth.

"Shhhh. Don't speak. It's my turn to talk."

Gene says in a soothing tone.

"I've loved you from the moment I met you, but you were too dense to see it. I stayed by your side anyway, but you kept crushing my heart everytime you hanged out with that loser. I didn't know what to do, but then it hit me: I needed power. Specifically money. And then we could be together forever. You wouldn't have to work a day in your life, all you have to do is be mine."

(Y/N) had enough of Gene's speech and bit his hand.

"Don't you remember anything I taught you?! 'Blood is thicker than water'! No matter what, you'll only be a cousin to me!"

(Y/N) bravely shouted.

Gene looked down, and (Y/N) thought they had gotten through to him, but when he looked up, he still had that twisted love in his eyes.

"Dear cousin, if blood is thicker than water, doesn't that mean we are bound together by blood forever?"

Gene didn't wait for (Y/N)'s answer.

"Tonight, I not only claim your body, but also your mind and soul."

Gene aggressively kissed (Y/N), leaving them out of breath.

["Soul extraction 100% complete."]

Then, 18 year old (Y/N) died of a heart attack.

Author's Note: The next part is the end of ARC 1.