17. Blight and Sirens

Megan's POV

After Pardi passed out I made my way to my room. I got myself together before I went into the room with Dave. When I walked into the room he was sitting on an ottoman at the end of my bed.

He stood up when he seen me walk in, I went straight into his arms. I didn't cry, I didn't sob, I just stood there and breathed, as he wrapped his arms around me allowing me to soften by his touch. I didn't have anymore energy to cry over Jorden, I don't have anymore energy to cry or scream over him, I just can't. I had to do what is best of my mental health, I got the hell out of dodge. 

When i finally got my self together I pulled back from him and walked over to the desk that was in the room and grabbed a box to take down to the truck. I picked it up and all of a sudden i felt weak and the room was spinning. I guess Dave noticed because he dropped what ever he had in his hands and came rushing over to me. Everything was moving in slow motion and i felt like i was being dragged down toward the inside of the earth.

"Megan!" He yelled but it echoed in my ears and sounded so far away. Out of hallucination, I tried to reach out and grab him, but that made the box I didn't know I was still holding fall. I never felt my body hit the floor, but honestly I never felt anything. Soon I know I blacked out.

Dave POV

I sat on the ottoman at the foot of the bed waiting for her to come upstairs after she finished talking the Jorden. I finished packing two of the boxes that she asked me to, since she was moving out of the house the day he came back. She had been gathering her and Ja'nae's things since the day after the call and today she would officially have all her stuff in the new house.

After a while i hear the door open and i see Megan come in. I can tell she'd been crying, but she tried to hide it. When she walked toward me, i said nothing, instead i engulfed her in a hug. 5-6 minutes later she finally pulled away. She looked more refreshed now

Did I do that to her?

I watched her walk over to a table that was in the room and picked up a box. I became alarmed when she started to look pale; like all of the color was drained out of her. I started walking towards her with my box i my arms, just as i was half was over to her she dropped the box and began to faint, before she went out i caught her "Megan!" i yelled, it was like she couldn't tell i was holding her because she reached her hands out.

I picked her up and carried her to the bed. Once i sat her down she began wheezing as if she was having an asthma attack. As i pulled out my phone to call 9-1-1, i heard big ass foot steps approaching the door. I continued calling and the phone finally rings just as he enters the room. His eyes immediately go to Megan.

"What the fuck did you do?" He questioned me hysterical. Before i could respond a et operator gets on the line.

"911"whats you emergency?"

"My girlfriend is having an attack of some sort please get a bus out here ASAP."I give her the address and hang up. I walk over to the other side of the bed, opposite of where Jorden is, since Megan is in the middle, and i hold her hand.

"Get your fucking hands off my wife." He says in a tone that's supposed to scare me, but it doesn't. Right now, isn't the time or place him to be on his petty shit with his pussy ass feelings. 

"Not the time or place Jorden." I replied back with more authority in my voice than him, which I can tell scared him. 

Less than three minutes later, I hear an ambulance outside the gate. I grab Megan's phone and unlock it from there and wait for them to come in. Once I hear radios and walkies talkies nearing the door, I open it causing them to make a beeline to Megan's bed. They put her on a stretcher and take her downstairs while I follow, and they put her in the ambulance. 

I get in with her, because there is no way in hell,  I'm letting her ride in it alone. I glance out the window and see Jorden getting into his Ferrari and speeding off down the street. Pussy ass bitch nigga bitch. 

(A/N::: Start at 0:58 and stop at 1:15) 

The entire trip to the hospital, I threaten every nurse on board to make sure she's getting the best care possible. 

8 Hours Later
Dave POV

So, it turns out she had Broken heart syndrome, also known as stress cardiomyopathy and aka a heart attack. I've been by her side since she's been in this hospital room for about 7 hours now. 

Jorden still hasn't come by to see her in all the time he has been gone. I've held her hand through this whole process. I'm starting to feel as bad as I did when everything happened at her wedding. This is starting to show me how much she means to me. I don't know what I would do if I actually lost her. 

Thirty minutes later, two nurses and a doctor came in to check on her as they have been doing every 20 minutes for the past 6 hours. But this time they stayed long than usual. all while they were checking on her, I never let go of her hand.

I can't do this. If she doesn't pull through, I'm going to lose my mind.

Megan, please wake up.?!