"What's going on?" I call out. About fifty heads snap around to look at me. I hold up my hands in a sign of surrender. "Woah."

"Oh my god," I hear Kiara breathe, and in a flash she was wrapped around me, her arms around my torso. Everyone erupted into sighs of relief and awkward chuckles. I hug Kiara back, because that's just what I wanted to do ever since Nick showed up. 

I lean down to her level. "What's going on?"  

"You," she whispers. She trails her hands up to my shoulders. "Are you okay?" 

My eyebrows raise in confusion. "Why wouldn't I be?" 

"You were alone with a hunter who had a hunting gun! How did you manage to escape?" 

I cross my arms. "Maybe you should have a little more faith in my escaping skills," I say with a smirk.

She intertwines our hands, and leads me up the stairs. Everyone watches us as we go, and Adrian gives me a nod. I don't know what it was for, but I give him one back. 

We go up to her room, and she opens the door. I haven't been in her room since I woke her up for her first training session. It's very... girly. It's all a cream color with a light red color here and there. She had a canopy bed, which made me want to crawl into it with her. Basically, her room was mine times a thousand. 

She sits on her bed, and I sit next to her. Her scent is all over this room, and it's making my mouth water. I lean in to kiss her. I'm about an inch away from her, when I feel her hand make contact with my face. Hard. 

"What the fuck?" I say before she slaps me again. 

"Don't swear at me." She crosses her arms. 

"Why the fu- I mean, why did you do that?" 

Her eyes go wide. "No. Why did you do that? That hunter could have killed you! And you tell Chase to take me home? He's a trained fighter, Connor. Chase could have helped you!"

"I didn't want you to get hurt." I narrow my eyes. This is what I get for trying to protect her? "I didn't think you would-"

"Think I would what? Care? Yeah, Connor, I do care. I don't know what happened in your past that made you so skeptical about people, but I don't know what I would do if you had gotten yourself killed..." She trailed off and buried her head into my chest. I could tell she was trying hard not to cry, and I wrapped my arms around her. It felt weird being important to someone. But it also felt good; like I matter to someone. 

I kissed her shoulder, then her cheek, then finally her mouth. Her lips part in surprise, which let me take control of the kiss. She smiles beneath me and trails her hands up to my hair, letting her nails lightly scratch my skin. I push on her a little, and she lays down on her bed, my body hovering on top of hers. I'm exploring her mouth with mine, and it's when I hear her soft moan that I decide I want to go further. 

I let my hands trail under her shirt a little. She moans again, louder this time. This feels too good. her hands leave my hair to pull up her shirt, and I help her take it the rest of the way off. She pulls on my shirt, and I grab the back of it to pull it over my head. I fling it off the bed and kiss her again, letting my hands explore her upper body. 

I kiss down her neck and to her chest, where I hear her gasp. I lift my head up, and stare at her. Her lips are swollen, and her shirt is off, and she looks beautiful. Her grey eyes open in confusion. "What?" she breathes. 

I swallow audibly, looking her in the eyes. "I grew up being the only werewolf in my town. Everybody called me a freak, or a mutation, and I believed them. It's just weird, I guess, to have someone care about me. It surprises me every time." 

Kiara's half lidded eyes gaze at me softly, and she presses her lips to mine. I forget about the anxiety  on what she'll say of my past, and just hold her. I let my toungue brush against her lips, and use her surprised gasp as a way to kiss her deeper. 

I kiss down her neck, her shoulders, everywhere. She moans, and I can't help but smile against her skin, because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who can bring out this side of her. 

Suddenly, I feel something animalistic inside of me churn, begging me to come out. I can feel the ache in my teeth whenever I'm about to turn. I'm kissing on Kiara's neck, making her writhe under me. "Connor," she gasps. 

It's like her voice makes the feeling even stronger, and I bite down on her neck. It felt like I was giving her a hickey with my teeth actually sunk into her. And the worst part is, I enjoyed every second. 

I pull away when I felt like I was done, and put my head in my hands. I can't even look at her. Because what the fuck just happened? I fucking bit her! I bit the only person who gives a damn about me. I'm a monster. A fucking monster. 

"Holy shit I'm sorry," I say, my voice ragged. "I don't... I don't know why I did that I just... I don't know..." 

"Connor, it's okay." Kiara crawls up next to me, and her scent is so much clearer to me now. I kiss her, because I don't want her to hate me, and because I just can't get enough of her. When I pull away her eyes look brighter, and I can't help but wonder why she's not screaming in fear. 

"It's called marking," she murmurs and brushes the hair out of my eyes. "It's a mate thing. The male marks his mate as a sign of protection. You're not a monster, I promise." 

I bury my head in her neck and chuckle against her shoulder. "Thank freaking god. I thought I was going crazy." 

 ________________________________________

Hahahaha, I love when Kiara slapped Connor. That was fun to write :). 

Sorry I haven't updated in forever!! I had a bit of writers block. 

Connor is GODLY. That is all. 

Please don't forget to Fan/Vote/Comment and enjoy :D.