The corners of Davis's mouth turned down, "Vampire Diaries? What's that? I never heard of it." I gaped, like a full on mouth wide open and possibilities of bugs flying into it kind of gape. I narrowed my eyes studying him as I tried to decipher if he was lying or not. That was like saying you don't know what the Pretty Little Liars is. Oh dear lord, help this poor mans soul.

I sniffed the air as though I smelled something disgusting, and shot Davis a are-you-kidding-me-look. "The Vampire Diaries, is one of the coolest shows known to man! It has crazy sexy vampires, with doppelgangers, werewolves and oh my gosh, original vampires. Elijah is my favourite original vampire..." I was practically gushing with excitement. Just talking about it alone made me swoon like a total fan-girl.

"So it's like Twilight?" Davis concluded when I finished my rant on what the show was about. I don't think I've ever felt so offended in my whole entire life. Don't get me wrong, I like Twilight, I just don't think it's one of the best movies in the world.

"I'm just going to pretend I didn't here that," I scowled which caused Davis to laugh. "So what about you? What is the great mysterious and elusive Davis favourite TV show?" I asked dramatically placing my head into the palm of my hand.

Davis leaned back in his chair, and rubbed his chin thoughtfully making a humming sound as he did so. "Well great Rose, my favourite show would have to be ... Spongebob." I broke out into laughter at his response. Spongebob, really? By the time I was able to look at him without laughing, I was wiping tears from eyes. I could just picture it now! Davis wrapped in his sweater, with his hoodie over his head, sitting on the floor watching Spongebob every Saturday morning. What a sight!

"Hey, it's not that funny," Davis pouted, and that really just did it for me. I broke into giggles that started to escalate to a full blown barking laugh that had people staring and me as I choked on air. This was just too much amusement in a short-time period for me.

"I worry about you sometimes," Davis muttered, but I heard, and reached over with the hand he wasn't holding to smack him in his arm.

"So what do you find so fascinating about Spongebob that you still watch it at this age?" I questioned. I was truly curious. By the time I had hit middle school, I had lost interest in a talking sponge and star that lived underwater. I started focusing on other things like reality shows and almost anything on E! and MTV.

"Well, I learned quite a lot of things," he joked. "For example did you know if you want to be classy, you have to hold your pinky up while taking a drink?" And as if to emphasis on his point, he picked up his can of pop, and took a drink from it with his pinky up.

I giggled.

"What else did you learn?" I asked curiously, but he simply shrugged, and continued to drink from his can, "that's about it. However, the show does provide me with some great entertainment," he grinned cheekily.

I stood from my side of the picnic table, my hand still clasped with his hand, and bent down to give him a quick peck on the lips. It was soft and gentle, and was over as fast as it started. Still slightly bent, Davis reached up to touch my face with a feathery touch, "it's funny how you say you don't want to be called my girl, yet, you kiss me with such emotion. It's quite confusing. Why is that?"

"It's an exception. Your quite addicting," I muttered quietly. I had the urge to blush, because it was such a bold thing to say, to me at least, but I squished down that mental thought with a stomp of my foot.

Davis let out a deep throaty chuckle that sent pleasurable shivers down my spine. He truly was something else.  He tugged down on my hand, causing him to pull me down until I was sitting on his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and put his head over my shoulder, humming a soft tune.

"What are you humming?" I asked. It sounded beautiful, like a flower left in its purest state.
 Davis stopped humming, and cleared his throat awkwardly, "nothing. Nothing at all," I narrowed my eyes, and turned slightly to look at him. His head was facing away from me, blocking what little emotions I could see away from me. How frustrating.

I tapped his noggin, and gave him look that basically said spill.

He sighed a heavy sigh, and tightened his arms around me, "it's a song ... a song my mother used to sing to me when I was little."

"It's a nice song," I smiled. Davis nodded his head, but he didn't say much else, and I could tell it was a touchy topic for him, so I thought it was best to just let it go for now.

"Hey, let's take a picture," Davis announced suddenly pulling out his phone, "we can take one together," he stated. Tapping a series of different numbers, he slipped down his hoodie, revealing his handsome face. His black hair was slightly askew, sort of sticking up in a messy way, and his grey eyes were bright with amusement.

I was so distracted, I didn't even realize Davis had taken the picture.

"Lovely," he grinned as brought the phone down, and lifted his hoodie back up. What the hell?
 He showed me the picture and had to admit, it looked really nice. The sun was shinning on us, the cars were in the background, and we looked so happy together that I ignored the fact he took the picture before I was even ready.

"I like it," I said as I pulled his phone into my hands, and zoomed in on us. I actually looked good for once, instead of a person who looked like they've been hit by a train.

"Here," he said taking the phone from my hands, "I'll send it to you. What's your number?" I told him my number, and within seconds, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. Pulling it out, I saw it was text from someone unknown, clicking it, it held the picture of us.

Quickly, I saved it, and added his number under my contact list under CD, code for Christopher Davis.

"Want to go back home?" Davis asked as he placed his phone back into his pocket. I nodded my head, it was starting to get crowded anyways.