</3 Kidnapped by sensei </3(17)

Start from the beginning

"I don't want to..." He spoke in a tone filled with grievances.

"..." I stood there in complete silence.

"Hmph." Hal decided to also give me the silent treatment, but it only lasted about 20 minutes before he started begging for my attention.

"Charlie, I can't promise that. What if someone tries to hurt you? I can't just stand back, you need to be protected." He pulled me into a hug as he mumbled into my neck.

Another hour of silent treatment and he finally broke.

"Okay, I promise." He shakily agreed.

"Good!" I smiled happily.

"But you have to keep calling me husband, stop calling me Hal." He muttered.

"Yes, yes, Hal is a good husband." I coaxed while patting him on the shoulder.

"Hn." He nodded, turning back to the prepared tea with reddened ears.

The pink atmosphere was interrupted by the loud sound of the door being slammed open. Police came piling in and surrounded the two of us.

"Charlie, can I break that promise?" Hal asked as he pulled me behind him.

"No Hal, you're not allowed to." I muttered while holding onto his sleeve.

We were taken to the police station and interrogated for hours on end. Hal had not said a word and that was what I had been betting on.

"It's my fault... I killed his father when we were younger. It was an accident, I swear it was just an accident but I threatened Hal to help me cover it up. He already had a rough childhood..." I wiped the tears from my eyes and tried to ignore the system's applause.

Wow, what an actress. He whistled, sounding impressed.

Thanks, I've been working on this routine for a while. The officers looked unconvinced by my story, that was until I told them where the bodies were hidden and how they had died.

"I took advantage of Hal's mental instability and forced him to do all of this. I'm really sorry." I looked down at the table as I fidgeted with my hands.

"N-no, what is she talking about?! She had nothing to do with that!" Hal lunged at the laptop, wanting to turn off the stupid video. "No, but how does she know where they've been buried? I was the one who buried them! Look, I don't know what you forced her to say but she didn't have any part in this."

"Well evidence recovered from the case regarding your adoptive father shows that blood on the murder weapon matches the DNA profile of your partner." The officer slid the file over to Hal.

"N-no." He threw the file to the ground, not wanting to see anymore. "She was protecting me from him, it was an accident! For f*** sake." Hal tugged at his hair anxiously. "What the f*** is going on? What are you doing, Charlie?" Hal clenched his fists as he muttered under his breath.

"Your psychiatric evaluation reveal that you suffer from a myriad of psychological issues stemming from traumatic events experienced in your childhood. I'm afraid this put you in a vulnerable position, and led to you being easily manipulated." The officer sent a sympathetic glance towards Hal as he read the results of his psychiatric evaluation.

"I didn't get manipulated. You guys are f***ing insane. I'm not an idiot, I know what I did and I'm telling you that I did it. Charlie had nothing to do with it, she didn't manipulate me, she didn't kill those people. I. Did!" Hal screamed at them, greeting his teeth towards the end.

See, I am useful sometimes. The system bragged as he looked down at the scene.

The evidence the police had found upon revisiting the cases were generated by the system. They were also somewhat manipulated by the system to easily believe my words and were convinced that Hal was a victim rather than assailant.

Hopefully, he can get the psychiatric help he needs. I looked down at Hal one last time. Suddenly, he looked straight up at me with blazing eyes.

Well, got 2 go! The system whizzed me out of there before I could register what had happened.

"Did he just see me? What the hell was that?! That was so creepy, urgh, I got goosebumps."

"That's not possible." The system shook his head fervently.

A/N: I don't really like how this arc ended might end up changing it but I just wanna move on fam I just wanna write stupid jokes 😭😭😭 I DONT WANNA MAKE ANY PROMISED BUT ILL PRIBS BE BACK TO REGULAR UPDATES SINCE I finally got this arc out of the way