</3 Kidnapped by sensei </3 (16)

"Hal, stay at mine today." I said while tugging on his arm gently.

"... Sorry, I can't." He shook his head apologetically.

"I'll go yours then." A strained smile wormed itself onto my face as my eyes fell on his bruised arm, faintly visible at the edge of his sleeve.

"You can't." The slight smile on his face immediately dropped and his eyes flashed dangerously.

"Hal..." I frowned as he shook free and sped away.

"Like I'd listen to you." I rolled my eyes using the tokens I'd earned from our date to find Hal's address.

Doesn't this count as stalking? The system asked while handing over the directions.

Stop pretending like you care about the law. I rolled my eyes while hailing a taxi.

I'm very much a law abiding citizen. Not like you would know because you don't care to find out anything about me. The system huffed in annoyance.

We don't have time to argue, I'm in the middle of something important. I climbed onto the bush and tried to grip onto the window sill.

You always have an excuse! When will you ever have time for me? The system sobbed pathetically.

Do you want my honest answer to that question? I asked while rolling my eyes over the property, feeling nauseous as I looked at the piles of trash towering towards the ceiling.

Never, I'll never have time for you. Hahaha! I answered my own question before he had the chance to say no.

Screeeeech! A loud and annoying sound was suddenly emitted from the system's ugly mouth. Danger! Danger! SML is in immediate danger.

I froze for a moment and then peeked over the window frame again to see the SML being strangled by his adoptive father. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and his body suddenly softened.

Can't you do something? I screamed at the system while trying to pry the window open. I could hear rustling from the system's space as he rushed around trying to find a solution, and then he suddenly stopped.

I-I can't interfere with this. He stammered out.

The window finally broke open and I rushed towards the man before realising I would easily be overpowered. My eyes darted around the room and I blindly reached for whatever was beside me before swinging it down on the man's head.

"What the f-" His grip on Hal slackened and he turned to face me, his eyes bloodshot as he squinted in anger. I screamed before swinging at his head a second time, watching as the glass bottle shattered and embedded itself into his scalp.

He slumped to the ground, almost in slow-motion, and I felt the bile rising in my throat as he remained immobile.

H-host... he's dead. The system muttered in a hollow voice.

"H-he, Hal? Hal is..." I trembled, turning hastily towards the lifeless Hal.

... N-

"Hal, Hal?" I slapped his face, hoping he would wake up. But a small part of me hoped he wouldn't, because then the person who was dead... Hal's eyes slowly opened and it felt as if I was injected with adrenaline.

I clutched my chest while struggling to breathe, my hearing was muffled by the sound of my own heartbeat.

"Charlie?" Hal winced as he spoke in a hoarse voice. Then he looked over to the side at the man who was still lying still. In my periphery I could see that he wasn't breathing and my eyes slowly crawled over to the dead man.

"I-I-I, he, hurt you." I sobbed incoherently while staring at the man and then down at my bloodied hands.

"You're hurt." Hal's eyes widened and he pulled me away from the corpse and out towards the garden.

He paused by a tap on the outer wall and then turned to me. "Why, cough, why are you here?" He croaked out, staring at me with fascination.

"Urgh." I gasped for breath as the water was dyed red. "W-what do I do Hal? I-I hit him, I didn't- I wasn't, I-" I stammered and stumbled over my words, while digging my nails into my palm.

"He deserved it, you didn't do anything wrong." He whispered as he unfurled my fingers. "Don't worry, we won't get in trouble." His eyes brightened with barely held back joy as his fingers intertwined with mine.

"... She killed someone for me." He whispered almost inaudibly, whilst biting back a smile. I barely registered his words as panic began setting in yet again after hearing him saying I killed someone.

H-h-host, this is real bad. The system stammered as an alarm sounded in my head.

What did you do? The boss' voice suddenly sounded and I shrunk back in fear.

I'm sorry. I sobbed.

A/N: I have no words to defend myself I literally want this arc to be over and I can't find a solid way to do it ffff I want teddy bear arc!!!! Come on man i struggled so much with this chapter ffidkcdjdjdj just one more chapter hopefully and someone plz pray for me