19.

"Kai, can you open the balcony doors please?" I ask, wafting my hand in front of the frying pan. "We're smoking up a little."

"Sure."

After our conversation about me doing something for Kai in return for his kindness, I've finally managed to arrange something back for him. I've done exactly what I said I would, I've made him a meal that hopefully he likes! I've done a load of preparation before this when I've had the free time to; my new job has taken up a hell of a lot of my free time during the day. All of the food is home-made, and it's all the best ingredients I could buy rather than my usual bang average food.

"Oh wow, don't set yourself on fire." Kai chuckles from the balcony, noticing the smoke coming from the sizzling frying pan that I've had to momentarily step away from. "What are you making?"

"We've got home made beef burgers with mixed seasoning, served in home made bread rolls I made last night." I start, pointing towards the white, floured, plump bread rolls sitting in the glass bowl on the counter. "There is also hand-cut, seasoned, skinny sweet potato fries in the oven at the moment."

"You did this all yourself?" He asks as I return to the pan, giving him a proud nod. "Are you sure you wanted to do photography?"

"I couldn't be happier with my job, thanks to you and the team." I grin at him, feeling more and more thankful for the life he's given me. "Oh, there's some little bowls of condiments and bits of veg in the fridge, do you mind getting them out please?"

"All home made as well?" Kai teases me, wandering over to the fridge and pulling out the bowls of sauces I quickly threw together last night. "You've put a lot of effort into this Cassie."

"All for you me babers." I smirk as he stands behind me, wrapping his arms around my middle and resting his head on top of mine. "I didn't know that being a standing pillow was part of this though?"

"You're small, that makes it your job." He teases me, earning a scoff in response.

"I'm literally the same height as Abramovich." I defend myself, turning off the hob. "I need to get the plates before this all burns on the pan."

"Ok?" Kai shrugs, taking only his chin off of me.

Bloody hell. I shuffle my way over to the bowl of bread rolls with Kai clinging onto my sides, causing us to giggle a little. He doesn't let me go at all whilst I'm preparing the food for him, meaning everything I do is nearly five times slower than I'd like it to be. Then, as I'm putting everything into his burger with a knife and fork, he takes hold of my wrists and uses them like a claw machine, stabbing at everything he wants and putting it all in his meal.

"This defeats the point of me making stuff for you!" I try to tell him as he continues to put everything together.

"This is more fun though!" He laughs, using my hands and guides them over to the bowl of sauce. "Can you grab the red one, please?"

I sigh, letting go of the knife and fork and cupping the tiny bowl with both hands. Kai guides my hands over to his bowl, then tries to carefully put it over his fairly full burger. The slippery sauce goes everywhere over his plate and on the countertop, causing me to laugh a little more as he struggles to keep everything tidy. Finally, he lets me go so I can take the chips out the oven, and I shovel a few handfuls onto his plate to finish off the meal. I quickly throw my burger together with some lettuce, tomato, cucumber and a home made relish to top it off; highly recommend stealing Gourmet Burger Kitchen's relish recipe, it absolutely slaps!

"This is amazing Cass, thank you." Kai says as we sit to my sofa to eat, putting our plates on the coffee table and dragging it towards us.

"I will do literally anything for you that I can, considering everything you've done for me and Aidan." I smile, cutting my burger in half so it's easier to eat. "Oh- did you want a drink of anything?"