Mysta's PoV

God, work is so tiring, isn't it?! What is the need? I mean, I love my job, but I'd rather stay in bed.. Oh, and Vox is there all alone too. I suppose I do feel bad, he looked quite unhappy that I was leaving, but I need to work to pay for the place and to feed us now that there's two humans living in my house!

I enjoy the company, though. I'd never gotten that close to someone before.. I mean, like, laying on someone I'd just met?! What's wrong with me? I understand I was in a little pickle but, honestly, there was no need! Did Vox put me on him or did I lay on him myself? I surely hope it's not the latter.

"Hey, Mysta. You good? You've been zoning out." A voice rings in my ear. "Huh, oh yeah, Sonny. I'm good," I replied to him.

Sonny Brisko was a virtual special forces officer here in the office. He is also my kouhai and a ball of sunshine, except when it comes to work. During work he tends to get really focused and you could hear him working out the problems over the phone, I find it quite praisable.

"Oh yeah, Sonny. Do you have any information on the guy who stole the bag?"

Earlier, I was chasing a man who stole a bag from one of his victims he was beating up. After chasing him for a while I saw him again, he looked different, and very recognizable, but I ignored it. If you have the bag you have the bag, y'know what I mean? I still haven't been able to find out who it is!

"No, senpai. I apologize, but I do not. Do you perhaps have any memory of what the culprit looks like?" Sonny apologized.

I search my mind for any memory, "Uh, well, let's see. He is taller than me and has a fairly nice build. He also seems to wear a fedora, not sure what color though. From the shadows he seems to have his hair in a side ponytail, but people change their hairstyles all the time.. Also, I'm not sure if this helps a lot, since people change clothes (most obviously), but he was wearing white dress pants with gray stripes, a black collared shirt that seemed way too tight for him, and he sported some tattoos as well." Sonny laughed. "Well, senpai. That's good enough for now. I'll report it to the search officers." Sonny bowed and walked away to his cubicle.

-----------------

A few minutes had passed and there seemed to be a commotion in the office.

While getting up from my cubicle, I heard gasps, what could it be?

I went over to the center of the chaos and saw Officer Moe (idk, just random), Chief of the Station with his eyes wide. I tapped him on his shoulder, "What's wrong, senpai?"

Moe-senpai shook his head and looked at me. "Mysta, I think we might've found the culprit from your description. You seemed to describe him really well and many witnesses reported seeing the man. Turns out he may be a leader of the Mafia." Oh? Why is that so surprising to the office? "Sorry, senpai. I don't understand. It shouldn't be anything surprising for the agency, we've dealt with murder cases and sorts, why should a Mafia leader be any different?"

Moe-senpai chuckled slightly and frowned. "Well, Mysta, this man has been involved in a lot and being a part of the Mafia means he has accomplices, it'll be hard to get rid of them. Going against them can cause us trouble." I mean, yeah, sure. But we have workers too! Surely we can take down a Mafia boss and his subordinates easily. "Okay, senpai. Do you know his name?" "Mysta.. Don't tell me you're going to try to go against the Mafia. It's also said that it is the strongest Mafia ever to be created, I don't want a large number of our co-workers to die, too much grief. But, fine, I'll tell you his name. Luca Kaneshiro."

Big. Shock. Luca Kaneshiro is my friend, there's no way he can be involved with the Mafia. He's a big golden retriever and one of the kindest men I've ever known. Also, I'm sure he would've told me. Right? Right?!

I mean, Luca is even friends with Ike, and from what I've seen, Ike takes a liking to Luca, and Ike tends to ignore those who have a strong personality. Luca could never be a Mafia boss from my experience with him.

"Are you sure? No mistakes?" I ask, still in disbelief. Moe-senpai nodded and the shock overcame me even more. No. Way.

Getting off of the topic I asked him, "Hey, Moe-senpai. Could I ask for early leave?" Senpai looked shocked. "You haven't asked for an early leave in ages. What is going on? A lover?" I blushed, yeah, no. That'll never happen. "No, just something came up. Am I allowed?" Moe-senpai put his hand on his chin, looking as if he's thinking carefully. "I'm not sure.. You came in late."

I forgot about that. Please let me go, Moe-senpai. You're so nice. "Haha, I'm joking, Mysta. Go ahead, you never get a break anyways."

A breath that I didn't know I was holding came out, okay. I need an explanation. But first, I should get home. I wonder how Vox is doing?

(mysta got his early leave, yay!!! We also got to meet one of mysta's kouhais and are getting introduced to some lovely boys of luxiem.. Sorry shu! We'll meet you later. also, sorry for the weird schedule!)