3rd Person PoV (Focused mainly on Vox)

During the last chapter, by the way

Vox was a demon, a special one, in fact. He had lovely jet-black hair with some red highlights complimenting it. He only wore the best, as one of the top demons in his realm.

Vox had come to visit the land of the mortals for a mission to destroy Earth, though, he might as well enjoy it too, but not get attached, of course. Earth was very unknown to Vox, simply odd and so.. green and happy.

Vox roamed the land knowing he had to find somewhere to live and perhaps work as well. He soon came to a fairly simple neighborhood. The citizens of the town named Nijisanji EN were walking around. "They look kind," Vox thought. Perhaps, he could find a place to room here.

Vox walked throughout the neighborhood and found a house that stood out to him, it was odd that it did. It looked like any other house in the neighborhood, which is why it was odd.

On the brick fencing of the house, a nameplate read "Mysta Rias." Vox looked at the nameplate and tried the way the name felt on his lips, "Mysta.. Mysta, Mysta, Rias.. Hm. It sounds a lot like the word 'mysterious' who'd name their child that?"

Because of the odd name, Vox decided to skip this home despite the pull in his heart to stay. "A demon must listen to his brain, not his heart,'' the Demon King always told him.

He rounded the neighborhood a few times but always found himself stopping at Mysta's place. "I suppose breaking the rules a few times is okay.. Right?" The demon muttered to himself.

Vox had to muster up a bit of courage to go up to the door and ring the doorbell, but he did so anyway. After a few seconds the door opened to a fox-like man. Vox looked at that man. Mysta, I mean, trying not to make it obvious that he looked odd. His attire was very.. Let's just say, different.

"Hello?" The owner of the house asked. "Hello... Sorry to bother you," Vox said. Mysta looked shocked for a second but Vox decided not to comment on it. "No, it's alright.. What do you need?" Mysta asked after, what seemed to be shock, left.

"Oh, well, I'm sorry if this comes out as odd but.. Do you think I could, maybe.. Join you in your living quarters for a little while?" Vox asks. Mysta became silent and Vox was worried he'd messed up on his words.

After a few seconds, Mysta was still silent and Vox was about ready to leave until Mysta finally spoke again. "Hey, do you know how to cook? And.. Do you cook well?"

Vox hadn't understood why Mysta asked this question, is this what humans ask when another person asks to live with them? Despite this confusion, Vox replied, "Yes, I do. For both of the questions, actually." It seemed fairly formal, but that's how he's always spoken.

"That's great!" The brunette yells out, startling Vox a little. Was the fact that he could cook really able to sell Mysta?

"Come on in then, oh! By the way.. What's your name?" Vox was shocked, it really did work. How bad is Mysta in cooking that he lets someone in just because they can cook?

Vox shook his head a little, walked inside, and replied to Mysta, "I'm.. Vox, Vox Akuma. You're Mysta, right?" Mysta smiled happily, looking proud. "The one and only! How'd you know?" Vox looked back to a few minutes before, "It's on your nameplate outside." Mysta paused for a second then continued, "Oh, yeah- Of course!"

Looking at the brunette, Vox saw that he was turning red. Was he alright?

After getting his mind off that, Vox looked around at the place he'll be staying at. It has a fairly sizable kitchen, 2 floors, a small-ish living room, and if he were to guess.. 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms? It wasn't badly decorated, okay, maybe a little, but it wasn't dirty either so that was good.

Once Vox was done doing a quick look around he said to Mysta, "I'm surprised you let me stay, how do you know you could trust me?" It was a fair question, Mysta didn't know he was a demon ready to destroy Earth after all.

Mysta started studying the demon, looking carefully. Vox looked at himself very quickly, too, hoping he didn't look messy from all the walking. After a few silent moments Mysta finally spoke up, "Let's just say.. I have a feeling this'll be fun."

Ah, maybe that was what Vox was feeling when he passed by. But.. There's no way he has any connection with this mortal, demons are supposed to stay with their kin and kind, not with humans. Vox didn't want to seem rude to his new living partner, though, so he replied, "Ah, that's right. Me too."

(enjoy~ i'll try to keep adding onto this daily or every other day!)