EPILOGUE

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

Today is my wedding day, I am marrying my first love, DeMarcus Granger. The man my heart sings for, the man who has calmed my every storm, erected my esteem, confidence, career and best of all he loves me the way I deserve to be for who I am. And he treats me like the Queen which is a plus.

I'm sitting here happy, contented and ready to take my first step down the aisle. I am not scared or uncertain, I am truly grateful and happy to become Mrs Granger. To wear the name of the man who has become my shelter in the shape of unsheltered. The man who took his time loving me the way I deserve and all I want is to give him all he gave me in return. He showed me my worth and that I can have it all.

Everything has worked itself out, when you persevere dispute all that is going on around you and no matter how high the deck is stacked against you. You can have it all... So here I am getting all of it.

"Oh wow," Allison says opening the door.

"You're one stunning pregnant bride," Zoriah smiles.

I smile looking away from the mirror as my mom pins her pearl broach to the side of my head completing the tradition of something old.

"Look at my baby," she says with a proud smile, her hands on my shoulders.

Her eyes sparkle with admiration and I love seeing her look at me that way. "I love you, Cindy, if you forget anything else in this world you never forget how much I love you," mom says turning me to face her flush.

"Don't make me cry," I tear up and she hugs me tight.

"Oh I've ruined my makeup," Zoriah says tears settling under her eyes.

"Me too," Allison says in her teary voice.

"Come here you two," mom says and we share a group hug as she wraps her arms around all of us. 

"You ladies cried last night, are you going to do it today too," dad says walking into the room with Steph in tow, dressed and looking like the perfect gentlemen in their black tuxedos.

"Grandpa all the ladies cry at weddings," Steph says with a shrug.

"They usually cry for no reason at all," dad says and mom moves to his side and straightens his tie with a smile.

"We can't help it," Allison giggles wiping her eyes.

"The groom is ready," Steph says with a smile. "He also sends this," he adds.

He hands over an envelope and a tiffany co bag. Opening the envelope it reads.

"My dear, sweet Cindy."

"First off, I want you to know that I love you so much. I have imagined this day since I was a little boy and now it is finally here. The first time we played in your mom's backyard you were in a pink wash-out sun dress, with pink pigtails and I couldn't tell what I was wearing because I was constantly staring at you. But I knew I was going to marry you."

"The big day is here my love, I should be nervous and anxious but I find myself calm and at peace. I think it's because I know that no matter what happens today, by the end of it you will finally be my wife. Mrs Granger."

"The day that seemed like a fantasy existing in some far-off place has finally arrived and...we’re doing this! We’re getting married baby. I’ve been taking really slow and long breaths all morning trying to slow down the day. I’ve been trying to notice every detail in what the air smells and feels like, what music is playing, what people are saying, what the ocean feels like. I want every detail of today to be ingrained in my spirit."