CHAPTER -38-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

I look in the mirror, staring back at myself after saying my morning affirmation four times. But my nerves are getting to the best of me. I take a few deep breaths and brush my hair doing a twist on either side of my head and securing it to the back of my head with a rubber tie.

DeMarcus left for DC last night he has a business meeting to attend. I still didn't tell him about my pregnancy scare, I don't even think that's the right term but until I'm positive, I will go from there. He does know of my doctor's appointment and made me promised to call him as soon as I left the doctors office.

"Hey, you."

I turn around to see Zoriah dress for work, looking me up and down.

"What is that look like," she asks

"It's the I'm scared out of my mind look."

"Why"

"What if he's not ready for a baby. What if it's too early. What if he thinks I did this on purpose. What if he thinks I'm trapping him into something he's not ready for, what if..."

"Whoa, whoa, that is a lot of what-ifs, and not what is. We all see how that man looks at you, it's as if everyone else disappears and it is only you alone. You shouldn't be doing this alone but you're too damn stubborn. You know he would have been right with you every step of the way."

"I know but somehow this isn't normal, only three and a half months of dating and I'm pregnant by a man who's my high school sweetheart after being divorced by my husband who I left with our son. Does that sounds normal to you?"

"Well, when you put it that way. It's a tiny bit abnormal, just a tiny bit."

"See what I mean"

"Who cares though Cindy. You are Cindy Washington holder of your freaking destiny. Look at what you've accomplished. You did the hard work, you bounce back from everything that should have destroyed you. Look at you girl, everything you'd been through, cried through and make the best through, who knew you could be here holding the bull by its horn. There isn't any right or wrong way to do anything in life. Your way can't be my way, we wouldn't have anything to talk about or experience to share."

"You're right"

"I know I am, that's why you're going to listen to it. Lift your head, hold your chin up, you're a tigress. Now go get it. And call that man because he would want to be here for you."

"Can I at least call him after I'm positive about the results?"

"That you can do. Now get dress, let us go."

"Don't you have work?"

"I'm not letting you do this alone. I'm going to hold your hands until you get the results then I will go to work."

"I love you," I say throwing my hands over her shoulder hugging her. "If you start crying I'm going to lock you in this room."

"You're mean," I say sniffling and wiping my eyes. I pull away, walk into my closet to get dress. I hurry into my jeans and hoddie give myself a final look in the mirror and walk out ready to do this.

I sit in doctor Andries office, leg bouncing, chest tightening with worries waiting on my results. It's been more than half an hour of sitting here trying to think positive but now and then an insecure thought peaks its ugliest head. Zoriah sits beside me squeezing my hand to comforts me as we wait.

After what felt like hours the doctor walks back into the room and Zoriah squeeze my hands. I get cold all over, I close and open my eyes. "Miss Washington" she looks at me then at Zoriah, "do I talk freely," she asks.