CHAPTER -27-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

"Cindy this is my niece DeMela, DeMeera's daughter." My eyes widen DeMeera had a child. DeMarcus see my reaction and nods, to confirm my thought.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, you're beautiful," she blushes to accept my compliment. "It is nice to finally put a face to the name."

"You've been talking about me, sir." I gaze over at him.

"Only girl I ever heard him talk about."

"So you're going to just rat on me, in just a few seconds of meeting her."

She giggles causing me to laugh, "come Mela we girls have to stick together."

"I like her uncle Marcus," She let go of him and hug me. I giggle hugging her in return.

"Come sit ladies" he chuckles and holds out a chair for DeMela. Then do the same for me. DeMarcus sit to the right of me while DeMela sits to the right of him going clockwise.

"Uncle you have a girlfriend now."

"I'm not his girlfriend," his hand glides up my thighs and he grips it. I gasp not expecting it, he looks over at me giving me the same look he was earlier in his room. DeMela looks between us but I smile putting her at ease while DeMarcus keep glaring at me. When he was satisfied with his stare down he turns to his niece "how's your studied princess."

"Good I'm waiting for my results while I've started the application process for college."

"That good, let me know what you decide."

"What are you planning to study," I ask her.

She answers saying "business management and communications."

For the rest of the lunch date, we talk about DeMela school interests and what she planned to do during the Christmas break. We order our late lunch and drinks, eating and conversating about random topics. Eventually, she left and DeMarcus told me how his sister died during her child's birth and his niece live with her dad and grandparents. DeMarcus looks after her and makes sure she has all she needs for school or any aspect of her life. The admiration I see in his eye for her shows how much he cares and the lengths he will go for her.

We talked a few more hours before we left the restaurant and he brought me to an art gallery. We walk around with him holding my hand and explaining each painting that caught my eyes. We made our way along the pavement, walking and taking in the beautiful scenery and the beauty of the atmosphere. We sit in a nearby park watching the sun go down. DeMarcus place his arms around my shoulders as I gaze at the sun descending in all its glory.

As soon as the atmosphere darkens, he takes my hand "it's time to go." We drive back to his home where I gather my work stuff leaving all the clothes and other stuff he bought me. He drove me home mostly in silence only asking what I had planned for the week.

The car stopped in front of my house and I felt a little disappointed that our time has ended and it's back to business as usual. "What," he asks. "I had the best time this weekend and now it is ending." I pout.

"No it's not ending it has only begun," he takes my hand kissing my palm. I pout "I will miss you." He chuckles "and you say you aren't my girl."

I roll my eyes at him "I'm not your girl."

"We will see about that miss Washington."

He opens the door getting out and holding it open for me. I step out of his car and he takes out my stuff walking me into the building and to my door. He kisses my forehead "good night miss Washington."