35. The Journey.

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!!
.
.
.
.

The pack was put through great work. Only the immediate members of the pack knew of the Alpha, Luna and Beta's week long trip away from the territory. But only the they with the addition of Arrow who knew their plans. The pack was well off. They were diligent and very capable in their duties. Selene and Erebus were loved and Silva, though his hair and eyes drew attention, he was loved by the pack members.

Selene trained with the pack warriors while Erebus watched them. His eyed remained on her the entire time though. Something about his mate tossing a full grown wolf a few feet gave him a rush.

"Why not go give her a try?" asked Garrett. Garrett had finished handing over the mantle to Kila, Dane was sure to give her his support while they were gone.

"Afraid she'll kick your ass?" laughed Garrett. Erebus rolled his eyes. He folded his arms behind his back and straightened his shoulders.

"Alright, who is next?" asked Selene. Her chest heaved as she scanned the crowd.

"He's next!" Garrett shouted and shoved Erebus forward.

Erebus growled at him but Garrett kept his childish grin. Selene scanned Erebus' form. He sighed and took off his shirt as he walked into the circle. A woman warrior attempted to hold his shirt for him but retreated when Selene growled. The warrior bowed and Garrett held his shirt instead.

"Is that jealousy, baby girl?" he asked with a smirk.

Selene narrowed her eyes at him. Erebus loved seeing her in her training gear. A black long sleeve fitted crop top. Black cargos and boots. She avoided shifting during training. She believed training your body, trained your wolf. She didn't respond to his word bait. They continued to circle each other. The circle widened, the warriors felt the need to give them more space.

They charged at the same time. Erebus block a few of Selene's blows and she dodged his. Erebus grabbed her hand to pull her towards him but she charged into him and knee'd him in the gut.

"Alright, I deserve that one for trying to be cute," he grumbled.

Selene giggled and punched him in the cheek. He punched her in the side and she winced but ignored it quickly and kicked him in the side. He grabbed her leg and attempted to drop her the ground but she grabbed his hand and headbutted him. He smiled and huffed after checking his nose.

"Oh dear, I almost messed up my favorite feature of you," said Selene.

"You're spending too much time with Kila," Erebus grumbled.

"Is that jealousy, Beloved?" she taunted.

Erebus licked his lips. Oh, this woman had his heart in a headlock. But if he didn't focus she'd have his actual head.

They charged in again. Exchanging blows. The crowd cheered on their Luna or their Alpha. The fight ended with Erebus locked between her thighs and his hand and her throat. Erebus wanted nothing more than to wipe the smile off her face as he tightened his grip and she squeezed his neck and arm. They called it a tie and dismissed the training.

"You could have won if you squeezed harder," said Selene. Erebus chuckled. He slid an arm around her waist and his other trailing her neck gently.

"True, but I prefer to have your neck in my hands when no one's around and I'm inside of you," he whispered.

Selene smiled and trailed kisses on his jawline to his lips. He enjoyed the level of comfort they have since she agreed to mate with him. There was no hesitation between them. If only there was a dangerous timeline looming over their heads.