3. Memories and Assistance...

The runt woke up before the sun made its appearance. She had to prep the kitchen for the cooks to start off the day or face another round of whippings. She hissed as the thin lashes on her back throbbed.

"That will take until noon to heal," she muttered to herself.

She changed her black baggy shirt that ended on her knees for a blue slightly less dirty one. She crawled out of the small shed they had tossed her in months ago when she first arrived at the pack's home land. She forced herself to breathe in the moist air. Her large curls filled brown afro hid her face from everyone. She kept her head down and little to no one knew what she looked like.

She went in through the back door of the pack house kitchen and prepped as quickly and quietly as her body would allow.

"I despise living like this," she whispered to herself.

Tears trickled down her cheeks as she cleaned the counter's surface.

"But I must not leave," she muttered.

It was true. If she took a step out of the pack's territory, an unknown wave of fear would hit her chest so violently that it would cause her physical pain. The warriors of the pack would also hunt down their favorite runt, beat her mercilessly and toss her back into the very same shed.
She despised wolf shifters. She wanted to end the lives of every one of the creatures who had caused her suffering. Even if she too were one too, hatred was still hatred. She jumped when she heard a sound coming from upstairs. She finished wiping and bolted out of the kitchen before anyone had seen her.

She ran until she bounced into a hard form. She fell back and instinctively curled to protect her face and stomach from the future blows as she muttered apologies repeatedly.

"Are you alright?" the low voice of the person asked.

She peered through her arms and saw the beta of the pack, Garrett. She barely knew him but she was aware that he, the Alpha and Gamma were the only three people in the pack's main house that never abused her. They barely knew she was a member.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry- excuse me," she stammered as she scurried to her feet and ran away into the forest near her shed.

She fell to the ground with a yelp as she something snap onto her ankle.
The pack members left bear traps in the forest where she was allowed to spend time, again. She cried as she tried to pry off the metal death trap.

This is what she got for being here. As the runt who people saw sneaking out of the Alpha's room with only his shirt on even though she had no memory of anything up until that moment. The pack members labelled her as a whore and a runt and treated her horribly from that moment.
The Alpha spent most of his time travelling, searching for his mate with the Gamma accompanying him while the Beta kept in charge of things here. This was the reality for the last seven months.

She tried using a stick to pry off the trap but failed as it broke in two. She was too weakened to pry it off by hand like usual. She heard foot steps approaching and her heart pounded in her chest. The tall, light skinned man with short buzz cut hair came from behind a tree. He quickened his pace towards her.

"No! Do not come here. There might be more lying around!" she shouted at Beta Garrett.

He paused his advance and looked around. He turn around and left. She sighed through her hiccups and went back trying to pry off the dirty metal. She heard footsteps approaching and saw the Beta with small log perched on his shoulder. He poked at the ground looking for any other traps. He found two on the path he tried to create towards her. He tossed the log and knelt down in front of her.