31. Location, Location.

The Council had been thrown into a disarray. The third seat of the Council's head table's disappearance was concerning. It had been weeks and numerous failed attempts to locate their brother. The time for the Monarch of the Shifters return was nearing. Their patience wore thin.

"Where is he?!" Machar, the head of the Council yelled.

"We do not know. Calm yourself brother, we can't jump to any conclusions yet," said Una. Machar had been at circle on his last strand of patience. His leg shook angrily and he chewed his lower lip.

"Fine! Fine, its fine. Is the other thing prepared?" asked Machar.
"Everything for the ritual has been prepared. We are missing the final ingredient though," said member at the table.

"Mother," Machar growled. He despised calling her that but his father's lessons stuck.
Machar was desperate to make things perfect for Eachann's return to the earth's floor. He idolized his father and his principles. Eachann's desire to be the most powerful one in any room he stepped in was a desire Machar was desperate to have. He fought his way to the top of the Council and became Eachann's devote child.

"He may be a traitor," another on the Council table said.

"You dare accuse our brother?" growled Una.

"Its wouldn't be the first time an Elder child abandoned us. The last head of the Council did too and they were close," he argued.

"Not another word about my sister," Machar threatened. The air chilled. Machar couldn't deny his words though. His brother's loyalty always did seem flimsy.

"Put a bounty on Dub'h's head with our contracted hunters. Slip the information that he may be on the pack grounds of Aianes Rivera," ordered Machar.

"Are you sure?" asked Una.

"We need the Aianes Rivera Pack distracted. Small attacks will buy is time to find the last two pieces of Father's body." Eachann's original body had been ripped into multiple pieces and hidden by the Goddess's followers centuries ago.

"And if his betrayal is true?" asked Una bitterly.

"He'll get the same treatment our eldest sister got." Una sighed and dismissed the other Council members.

"Are you alright Machar?" she asked him.

"I'm fine, there's just a lot to do before father returns. I can feel his link to me  getting stronger. Una, father will return to us," he said. It was all he ever wanted. To prove his worth to the father he respected.

"Do not overwork yourself. You are already exceptional."

"Thank you, Una." He looked into her eyes that flickered with genuine concern. His arm reached for her cheek without notice. She stepped away before his flesh connected with hers.

"I must go check on my mate. It is time for his medicine," she said.

Machar nodded and watched her leave. He always wondered what it would be like to wrap his hands around that tightly corseted waist. He blinked rapidly and cleared his throat. Work took priority right now.

"First Lord Finnegani, we have news. There is confirmation that the goddess is hiding in Aianes Rivera Pack. A hunter just barely escaped an attack from a pack member, but the soul spark leaf reacted for a moment," an assistant explained. Machar slammed his hand on the table in excitement. They finally located her. The next task was to capture her.

"Find my brother. Let him know where she is, he'll take care of the rest. Dub'h knows what to do," ordered Machar. The assistant nodded and left.

□ □ □ □