1. The Runt of the Pack...

Her knee was gashed by the gravel. The large man dragged her by her hair into the forest close to where she had no choice but to reside.

"Did we not tell you to stay out of our sight and do you job?!" He shouted at her.

One of her hands protected her stomach while the other tried to ease the tension of the harsh grip on her hair.

"I- I am sorry," she stuttered.

"The Beta almost saw you! Do you want him to kill you?" He yelled as he tossed her into the dirt.

He grabbed her by her large jersey and slapped her across the face. She whimpered and curled to protect her stomach and face.

"You little runt better learn your place. Or it won't be the Alpha that ends your life. Follow his orders properly or I'll kill that thing myself," he cursed as he repeatedly slapped her across the face.

"You're not even worth fucking and tossing," he said as she shoved her away. She hit her head on the trunk of the tree.

He walked away and left her bruised, battered and dirty. She forced her way to her feet and dragged herself to the stream a little under a mile away. She tugged off her over sized shirt over her head and limped into the small pond partially enclosed from the river.
She rinsed herself under the moonlight. The moon always brought back her energy. She felt her injuries heal faster as the moon light glistened on her skin. She felt the baby in her womb kick her slightly.

"I know, I hate living like this too. Unfortunately we must stay here. I do not know why, but we must stay hidden among them so they never find me. And now that I have you, I must protect you from the larger unknown threat," she sighed.

"If only I remembered just who I am and what I am running from instead of these alarms that go off every time I think of leaving here," she said softly.

"We will be okay, one day. I will not let them harm you."

Her tone was always calm and filled with eloquence. She did not know who she was but the way she spoke stuck with her.

It'd been seven months of living in this torture. Seven month that she could remember. She was told she'd been a member for years but had no memories of her time here before. The Aianes Rivera Pack had been her home. A terrible one, but a home none the less. She endured the beatings, whippings, the endless chores and dirty looks because she had too. Her reason she did? She didn't know.

She'd been subjected to this torture because of orders given by the Alpha. For as long as her memory was the Alpha had been absent and the pack has been under supervision of the Beta. She'd never met the Alpha other than the morning she snuck out of his room after waking up naked next his sleeping form. She was caught by one of the women of the pack who attacked her in anger. After that day, abuse of all forms from pack members she never knew came.

She shifted the broken door of the small shed covered in leaves and rats that would become her food eventually. Tonight she had a special meal, rabbit meat and some fruit she swiped while prepping the kitchen early this morning.
She curled up in the corner of the cold shed with the rabbit carcass in her hands. She had a taste for raw flesh because of her wolven shifter genes. Raw rabbit flesh was as fancy as her meals got. The baby too enjoyed the raw carcass. She was pleased to have someone close she could talk to, even in the womb the child would sometimes listen to her and use its unborn feet to answer her. His feelings could be felt by her as well.

She fell asleep shortly after, she needed her rest if she was going to wake up in time to prep the kitchen for the cooks. There were whispers of the Alpha expecting a visit from the elder council of shifters. They'd started visiting different packs to check on them and listen to any uncertainties they may have. What worried her was that that the mention of the council put a fear into her that she'd never felt before. She hoped she could stay in her shed away from the rest to avoid her unexplainable fear coming true.