Chapter 3 - The Kiss

Marinette laid on her bed love sick and happy.

 She checked the time for a moment and saw that it was her time to meet with Cat Noir. 

She smiled and transformed quickly, popping out of her trap door and zipping herself to the Eiffel Tower where she saw her partner humming and very happy. 

"Hey, Kitty." Ladybug said, smiling at him. "Hey, Bugaboo." Cat Noir remarked all smiley. "Who has you in such a good mood?" she asked smirking a little. 

 "You know Marinette Dupain - Cheng right..." 

"Uh yeah....." She responded, shocked to hear her name. 

"She said something that just made me happy." Cat Noir continued, almost lovedazed. 

At this point, she was very confused, she had only ever talked about Adrien with Cat Noir...... he couldn't be happy about that - unless, he was Adrien! - Wait, no, that couldn't be true, Chaton and Adrien were completely different. It couldn't be possible that they were the same person. Or could it - Marinette snapped out of her daze and responded to her loyal partner. 

"Oh, really." She smiled weakly, still confused and shrugging her previous mind comments away. 

"Uh - We should probably get the patrol started........" 

"Uh, yeah -" Cat Noir answered her, immediately regretting what he said earlier, recognizing that it probably made her uncomfortable. 

The two stared awkwardly at each other and then swung themselves around Paris. 

About an hour and a half later, their patrol was over and Cat knew he had to apologize. The last thing he wanted to do was make her uncomfortable. 

They both landed by the Eiffel tower, the moon shining brightly and the sky a beautiful blue shade and the stars twinkling beautifully.

 "Hey uh -" Chat Noir said. 

"Yeah?" Ladybug asked him, turning her full on attention to her partner. 

" I -" he said. 

"Just say it Chaton. Something's bothering you - Are you okay?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine - I - I,  just wanted to apologize for what i said earlier - It seemed to make you uncomfortable in a way -" he said feeling sorrowful. 

"You didn't say anything Kitty, don't worry. It's just some personal stuff...." 

"Personal stuff -" he said, pained by them still not knowing each other's identities....  His face was painted sorrowfully by his agony.

"It's not like I wouldn't share it with you Chaton - it'll just -" 

"Put our identities at risk. I know," he murmured now in an upset manner 

"I-" She sighed, now realizing what she caused and that her partner was now upset - 

"Chaton - I'm sorry alright I just -"  she tried to say, with tears welling up in her eyes, remembering the horrifying memory of Chat Blanc 

"You what -" he trembled in anger, gesticulating his hands wildly, obviously upset.

'If you only knew why I am doing this! It's to protect you!" 

"I don't need protecting! I'm literally older than you!" Chat shouted.

 "And what could be so conflicting that you just can't tell me?!" he continued, with a large amount of emphasis.

Ladybug at this point was stifling tears and was about to burst. 

"Do you really want to know Chaton!" she asked him, in a breathless tone. Her eyes were red but Cat Noir still upset took no mind to any of this.