Chapter 1 - The Beginning of it All

"My Adrikins is.... is a monster!?" Chloe shouted, the whole court hearing her, dropping their basketballs and turning around instantly. 

"You know Chloe, you didn't have to be so mean about it!" chimed Alya glaring at Chloe. 

"Yeah. Adrien is someone just like us!" Marinette added. 

"You mean a feather." Chloe laughed. Marinette glared at Chloe for the last time, her blood boiling. Chloe would not stop going on about the Fact that Adrien was a senti - human, she had made it clear to practically the whole school, and Marinette could see Adrien's hurt eyes.

"That's it Chloe!" Marinette yelled, everyone gasping loudly. "Adrien is the kindest, most amazing thing the world has to offer. His father doesn't let him get out of the house, but he keeps a positive aura and isn't mean to anyone of you. Stop acting like a stuck up brat, Chloe. Human or not, Adrien needs to be treated with respect!" 

Alix, Alya, Kim, Nino and the others dropped their basteballs and clapped violently, to show them agreeing with Marinette's statement. Adrien smiled warmly at Marinette and she blushed a deep shade of pink, but he was still sad, he knew that he would be treated differently just because he was different than everyone else. Some people would see him as a threat and that hurt him. Marinette looked at Adrien solemnly and walked up to him, the others walking separate ways and Chloe still sashaying away. She said 'Hi' softly and he lifted his head gloomily. "I'm Sorry." she said. "For what?" Adrien asked barely looking at Marinette. "I'm sorry for what happened back there. You don't deserve that.... And as I said... You're an amazing person," Marinette said and then instantly covered her mouth. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry.... I didn't mean to hurt your feelings...." She sighed. "You didn't" Adrien smiled and looked lovingly at Marinette and she blushed a dark shade of red. "Oh and... thanks for what you said back there." He smiled again. Marinette focused her gaze on his beautiful hazel eyes and responded. "It's no problem, Adrien. I'm happy to help you." Marinette grinned. "You're such an amazing person Marinette. Thank you for always staying by my side and helping me." Marinette could have sworn she saw a blush dust his cheeks but ignored it. And then, Adrien did the last thing Marinette had on her mind. He kissed her cheek lovingly "Thank you." he went again. Marinette turn red and smiled at him. "Seriously, it's no problem." And smiled broadly at him. "Oh and, I wanted to ask you something." He stated. "Yeah? What is it?" she asked.

" Oh..... uhm...." Adrien stuttered and then laughed a little looking at Marinette. She gazed at him and her eyes darted, begging him to continue. "Uh... Would you like to meet me up after school at the Cafe down the street? And then we can meet for my next photoshoot. It'll be a lot less boring with you there." Marinette couldn't process ..... THE Adrien Agreste, the guy she had liked for the longest while just asked her on a date? And to his photoshoot?! Even better. She squealed internally. All the new designs she could create. Adrien was doing her such a huge favour. And then - Marinette remembered that she hadn't answered the blonde. "Uh.... It's ok if you don't want to... I'm fine with that as well...." He said, looking dejected. "I'll come!" she said, in between his talking. His mood changed instantly. "Really?! Ok great. See you then?" he asked, tilting his head. "Yeah. Of course. I'll see you then." 

*After ~ Adrien and Plagg*

Adrien opened his shirt and Plagg flew out ."Sooooooooo.... what was that about?!" Plagg asked, wedging a piece of cheese down his throat. "What do you mean Plagg?" Adrien asked, rolling his eyes. "Don't play dumb, blonde! You kissed Marinette!" Plagg said. "Oh yeah.... you saw that -" Adrien sighed. "Why are you so sad about it.... she's your closest friend." Plagg continued. "I - I don't know if I did something to ruin our friendship. Our friendship means everything to me..... I really like Marinette - probably as more than a friend...." Adrien sighed deeply again, but Plagg could not be bothered. "FINALLY! You dense as heck boy! I had to put up with literally a year of you denying your feelings for that girl!" Plagg said, gulping more cheese. "Gee thanks, Plagg." Adrien said, rolling his eyes again. "Your very welcome." Plagg answered, with a satisfied grin. 

*After ~ Marinette and Tikki* 

"Did Adrien really kiss me Tikki?" the blunette asked, dumbfounded and shocked at his sudden action. "He did Marinette, he has feelings for you. And you two are made for each other." Tikki answered, with her sweet voice. "I have to tell him Tikki,because I'll never get another chance. What if he suddenly gets snapped out of existence, and I lose him forever. I need to tell him on the date." Marinette said, gulping. "You go, Marinette! There's no better time to tell him how you feel! You got this!" Tikki smiled. 

After lunch, Marinette and Adrien returned to their class, barely staying focused Marinette was planning out the outfit she'd have and Adrien was rethinking what he was saying about him liking Marinette.... he didn't know if he could bare to tell it to her face.... He came to a decision to visit her as Chat that evening after the date to find out how she actually felt. He always felt more confident talking to her as Chat Noir. There was only one thing bothering him, how would the rest of the day go? And especially with Marinette!