Chapter 1:Prolouge

Start from the beginning

Xeno-Compatibility: On

HFY: Kind of (and a little council bashing and Quarian love)

Chapter 1: The Expedition

The Protheans left warnings of the Montoken Region of the Galaxy. Covering over 20% of the known galaxy, the warnings were made. Some, like the Reapers, were completely ignored. However, a particular warning was accepted as true in some way. This was bolstered by the fact that over half a dozen expeditions disappeared in that space. The Citadel Council banned all travel in that region, and eventually, it was forgotten for many years.

The warning was different from Beacons/Artifact to Artifact, yet it had the same message. The Motoken arm is full of monsters that will kill, full of unperceived dangers that will turn people crazy, species insane enough to kill all those, and proved to be too much to tame. When we learned of the history of the Motoken arm, its wars, space-borne monsters, ancient threats, the Prethoryn Scourge in recent years, it's no wonder the Protheans, and later many species before them warned to stay away. Even the Reapers never ventured in this area, staying away during their harvests.

Yet most of those warnings were false in a way. In the Montoken Region, there lies a kind of freedom for the individual species that live there. No Eezo, no Citadel, rich in all kinds of resources, fertile planets everywhere, and a few species that outlived the Protheans. Yet most of all, it had borne the premier power of the galaxy, the Galactic Commonwealth of Nations, and the species heading it, the Humans. The same race led the defence of the galaxy (to our universal ignorance), pacified their homes, unified several belligerent nations, and declared to the universe that wherever they stand, they stand defiant and unified with their culture, hopes, and Ideals. It's always fascinated me how many species can evolve and survive in a hostile space environment.

When we heard that the Quarians made contact with a fleet from the Motoken arm, it made sense that everyone panicked. We thought that they had unleashed another Rachni on us. Instead, it was a kind, benevolent, generous, and extremely aggressive collection of races that decided that it was a brilliant idea to go to war with the Hegemony (and to most of us, it was a good idea). The Quarian-Solarian alliance marked the turning point for a new age, one that would see the shake-up of the galaxy as we knew it.

Exempt from the post-Reaper War book:'Titans of the Ages'

Doctor Liara T'Soni, Asari Republic,

Cybrex, Capital of G-COM

November 19th, 2963/ 2172 CE (two years prior to the expedition)

Admiral Vorpona, a Vissari of the age of 34 and a Fleet Admiral of the Directorate Space Navy, wondered why he was being called up by both the Prime Minister of the United Nations Solar Alliance and the High Director of the Vissari Planetary Directorate. He was a Veteran of the Great Khanate Crusade, which had happened only 14 years ago, and was amongst the best the Vissari people had to offer.

He entered the meeting room and found Prime Minister Oliver Martdone and High Director Donaute Vicitom waiting for him.

"Seat Admiral, we have something to talk about." Prime Minster Martdone said.

Vorpona sat down and looked at the Human.

"Fleet Admiral, we have much to discuss. Are you familiar with the Polo Initiative?" the Director Vicitom asked.

"It's the large-scale push for exploration outside of our part of the galaxy, outside the Orion Perseus, and Zeus arms of the galaxy, which covers 20% and is where our nations our located. Why do you ask?" Zorpona asked.