How to pray?

"Watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing but the body is weak!" Matthew 26:41

Speaking with God is the simplest definition of prayer. So, simply talk to Him!

Some people speak to God, but they don't feel it right, they speak to only accuse Him or don't have the right relationship with Him yet.

Here are about 15 beneficial practices to instil in conversation with the king of the Universe.

♠Start with prayer once you get up, before meals, before/after bible studies, prior to bed etc.
♠Pray before you jump to any conclusions and then don't blame God for not helping you out.

♠Ask God about these five things every morning

For today, what is my assignment?
Whom should I pray for?
Who should I forgive?
How can I share the gospel?
How do I apply the talents with which he has blessed me?

♠Pray first before you build your food list, before shopping for clothes, college, career, wife etc...
It sounds silly, even miracles sounds ridiculous until they come true.

♠Communication is better when two people are involved. Just listen as much as you pray.

♠Prayer isn't just a bunch of jumbled-up words.

♠It doesn't need to be very long. Just sincere.

♠Pick a quiet place around Jesus.

♠Any posture is allowed. I prefer kneeling down as the most humble position.

♠Take a day off every week to spend time with Him. That's what Sabbath is all about!

♠Pray with friends and family. it helps you grow spiritually.

♠Prayer isn't a set of magical words that causes God to fulfil the wishes you've asked Him to fulfil for you. Prayer does not change God; rather, it changes us.

♠We all have days when we don't feel like praying. That's a good reminder for us to pray the most. Don't give up or keep it hidden from Him; instead, confess it to Him. Tell Him how difficult it is for you to pray, how laziness has overpowered you, and beg Him to give you the strength to overcome it. And, see how things turn to work out...

♠If you are wondering what should I be praying for? First, pray for everyone you know. Your friends, family, cousins, relatives, neighbours, co-workers, classmates, teachers etc At least pray for two people each day!

♠Most of us have underestimated the Holy Spirit's power. The same Holy Spirit that inspired the early Christians to spread the gospel to the entire world has been entrusted to us by Jesus. If they had disobeyed, would we still be Christians today? Ask that the Holy Spirit show you how to pray.

Honestly, my own experiences give these prayer tips. My entire life I prayed to God but when I was born again my prayer was empowered. By His faithfulness and mercy, He reached for us, I did not merit a relationship with my father. The more you spend time with Him, turning from wickedness and pursuing righteousness, the more your bond with Him strengthens.

Hope this helps!

Shalom!

JF Abraham

                                                                     ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*