Wish

2 months after their marriage, Ria was sitting in front of the deck on a chair with the help of Erica. Queen Sanaya had gone to knit dresses and shirts for girls and boys in the charity. Jenni was gone to the academy's university to study commerce and other lessons that princesses should learn. Aditya had sent her the fund and she had been gone for more than two weeks. He missed his wife so much and waited for her return. Meanwhile, Ria was getting bored and tired of not doing anything like running or dancing. She longed to attend the queen's meetings and learn more about the world but with her legs, she could not do anything. 

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Erica went to open it. It was Meet and he had returned from one of his workdays in the construction area. He could not wait to see his wife and searched everywhere. Finally, he saw her sitting on the garden chair and kissed her tenderly. "How was your day Mrs. Alawhat?" "Pretty boring to be honest." He became sad since he wanted to see her happy. "Well if you want to talk to me, I am there for you ok? After all, I am your partner. I am just going to take a shower, Ok." Just as he was walking inside, she stopped him. "Meet, I want to tell you truth or ask you." Meet waited patiently as he smiled. "Do you wish you had someone else as your wife?" Meet's face turned into a frown. "Why do you ask me that? Did I do something wrong?" "No! I was asking because of my legs. I will never be a perfect mother or wife with these legs. I cannot walk, cook, do chores or go and study. I long to do these things Meet." Meet stroked her gently as he hugged her. "You are the most perfect woman there ever can be my dear. Your legs cannot stop you from doing that." Ria smiles as she kissed Meet on his cheek. A few days later, she kept thinking about all the possibilities. She missed her busy life back in New York City and doing sports. She could not even finish her years of college. Meet seemed to understand it so he secretly discussed the matter with their family doctor. "Meet, I think the best way is to replace her legs with perfect ones. Then she will be able to do anything she wants. It is best for her health too in becoming a mother and all but there might be a few health issues so you must take care of her fully." "I will do whatever it takes doctor. " " The surgeon removes damaged cartilage and bone from the knee. Then the doctor attaches metal implants to the ends of the thigh and calf bones. A plastic spacer goes between the metal pieces and helps the new joint move smoothly. She will be better in no time. But she might need support at first to walk since it has been a long time." It was a long process but Meet watched his wife's operation as tears ran down his eyes. He hoped it would be something good for her. She was sleeping so she cannot understand the pain. Finally, when she came in the wheelchair, her legs looked brand new or perfect just like her old ones. It was a costly treatment but Meet was just so happy he could barely think about it. At first, when they got home, he had to help her to stand. After she stood he urged her to walk by herself. Surprisingly, it worked and everyone watched with happiness as she walked. For Meet, it was a dream come true. Meet knew that she needed to complete her university so he closed all the funds and helped her get ready. She would be gone for a year but it was worth it for her to become smart. She worked very hard in all of her classes and passed all her exams. She even found the courage to stand up for herself and others when boys teased her. Every week Meet called her and asked how was it going on. She always was happy when he called and waited for the day she could see him again. After a year she returned and Meet was overjoyed to see her. 

One day while Ria was cooking Meet's favorite dish by herself she felt dizzy. She lost her consciousness and fell to the floor blacked out. Meet came running towards her and picked her up to get her to put her in his car. They drove quickly as possible and when they arrived Meet carried her and ran to the emergency room. The doctors scanned her and searched for any difficulties. Meet prayed to God inside his mind with all his might. He could not lose her again. Suddenly Doctor Indira came outside and spoke to him. "There is nothing to worry about. Congrats! You are about to be a father since your wife is pregnant."His heart filled with delight at the moment he heard those words, and he immediately felt like dancing. He noticed Ria smiling beautifully as he hurried in the direction of the room where she was lying. He held her hand while giving her a forehead kiss. "Meet, I can't believe it! I'm blessed with a child of my own. The most joyful gift a woman could receive in life." Meet responded, "I am thrilled mare pyari Ria," winking at her. "I promise to provide you all you require both before and after the kid is delivered. I'll do my best to be the best father he or she could ask for." Just like that he kept his promise.