Chapter 1

"Karina, aren't you supposed to be with your boyfriend today?" my friend, Shoyo, asked me innocently.

Tobio, who is beside Shoyo, nodded and curiously looked at me.

Both of them are my athletic friends. Although they're quite known in our school, the two of them stuck with a nobody like me.

I just shrugged and pretended that it was nothing, "Kei has something to do."

Actually, today is my birthday. But it looks like my boyfriend forgot about it. I'll just celebrate my day by myself.

Tobio looked mad, but he just kept quiet and listened to me. Shoyo, on the other hand, looked confused.

"But today is your special day. Is what he's doing more important than his girlfriend?" my orange-haired friend tilted his head slightly, looking more confused and sad.

Instead of complaining, I just gave them my most 'genuine' smile so they won't worry about me.

To divert the topic, I just asked them about their day. Those two are not the smartest when it comes to academics, but they're actually the best when it comes to volleyball.

However, they started arguing and fighting as soon as they opened up about their practice.

"Karina! Did you know, this boke literally used his head to block the ball?! He looked really dumb," Tobio, who was quiet a while ago, suddenly ranted.

Of course, the fierce and hyperactive friend of mine retaliated. "Hah?! Well, your serves are going sideways. Are you attacking a ghost or something?!"

The two of them continued fighting like a cat and dog. Meanwhile, I just stood beside them, patiently waiting for them to stop.

I almost lost my sense of hearing with their loud voices. So, I walked a little ahead of them. But I saw something that made me halt immediately.

In front, quite far from where I'm standing, was my boyfriend with a girl. Although I can't see well without my glasses, I could clearly see that he's holding that girl's arms.

Both of them were laughing. They really looked genuinely happy.

So this is what Kei's 'inportant stuff'?

I laughed bitterly.

Since my mood was destroyed, I just decided to go straight to my home. The two of them stopped bickering when I told them I'd be going home first.

"Why? What happened, Rina?" Shoyo asked.

But I didn't answer him. I'm trying hard not to shed tears in front of them. I shook my head and just bid farewells before we part our ways.

A/N:

I apologize in advance for the grammatical errors here. I'm not fluent in English, so please help me correct my grammar T^T