Chapter 04

Evelyn's POV
After the fiasco with Bella and the conference held at the school, everyone had officially decided that Bella was not a member of the community. Bella was an outsider that was a danger to the community.

My sisters attended school like normal except everyone fussed over them a bit more and completely ignored Bella. Whatever Charlie said to them it left an impression on them. Bella was furious as she believed that she deserved all the attention, so what does she do? She starts hanging out at La Push with Jacob Black.

Jacob Black was the son of one of my families close friends Billy and Sarah Black. Billy became bound to a wheelchair when his diabetes got bad and Sarah, a nurse in La Push, cut back her hours to part time to help him. My sisters and I thought of them as an Aunt and Uncle. I went to college with their twin daughters Rachel and Rebecca. Jacob was another story though, while I didn't hang out with him, he was close to my sisters Mary and Katie along with my cousin Bella.

You see, Jacob had— and still does have— a crush on Bella that I can't for the life of me figure out why, but Bella ignored him in favor of spending time with the big girls (me, Rebecca, Rachel, Leah Clearwater, and Emily Young) but none of us liked her. She was a self entitled brat even as a child. Katie actually has a crush on Jacob and has for years, but he never even glanced in her direction cause he was stuck up Bella's ass.

I wanted to help, but I knew that this was something she had to figure out on her own.

Katie would often drag Mary with her to La Push and hang out with Jacob, but ever since Bella's been over there she can't see him as much which makes her irritable. It's even worse because Bella is spinning tall tales about how cruel Katie is and how Katie abuses her. It probably didn't help the fact that Bella's face was busted up from when Katie found out that Bella read our diaries and started mimicking the depressed behavior for attention.

What is the psychiatrist call it? Münchausen syndrome? It, apparently, is a factitious disorder imposed on self. Bella basically tries to get attention and sympathy by falsifying, inducing, and/or exaggerating an illness or induce physical, emotional or cognitive disorders. They lie about symptoms, sabotage medical tests (like putting blood in their urine), or harm themselves to get the symptoms.

Bella's been like this for years. It's actually why she's so clumsy and 'accident prone'. Charlie was horrified when he realized what was going on. He called Renee and tried to talk to her about treatment plans, but Renee claims that there's  nothing wrong with her perfect Bella. Bella is just depressed that Edward is gone and she'll be fine once Edward smartens up and crawls back to her.

Insert gagging noises here.

Anyway long story short Jacob is angry with Katie because Bella's brainwashing made him believe that Katie was an abusive bitch and Bella was the helpless victim. Now Katie was avoiding Jake after a fight, and hanging out more with the kids in Forks which was new as we always preferred the kids in La Push.

It was nighttime and I'd been invited to the movies to see an action movie called 'Face Punch' with my sisters and their friends Jessica Stanley, Angela Weber, Eric Yorkie, and Mike Newton. We got there and saw only Mike as Jessica and Angela caught the flu, and Eric stayed back to take care of his girlfriend which was so sweet. We were in line buying sodas and popcorn when we ran into Jake and Bella. I looked between them with narrowed eyes before looking at Katie.

Katie looked absolutely heartbroken.

My sisters and I fixed them up with a glare before guiding Katie into the theater to watch the movie

My sisters and I fixed them up with a glare before guiding Katie into the theater to watch the movie. Bella, being the stupid attention seeking bitch she is, sits right next to Mike and has Jake on her other side. Bella not so subtlety seems to be debating on her next move before deciding to hold Jake's hand and place her other hand on Mike's thigh.

Mike seems uncomfortable and steadily grows paler. I'm about to smack Bella's hand away and ask if he's okay when he bolts up and runs out the theater. We all chase after him, but stop when he enters the men's room. Jake laughs before saying "What a marshmallow" my face hardens and I whirl around and say "Jacob Ephraim Black" in an angry calm tone that reminded me of my mother.

Jake freezes and turns to look at me as I continue in my scolding tone "He didn't feel well before the movie, but stayed because he didn't want to ditch his friends. I should've made him go home, but I believed him when he said he was fine. He's sick Jacob, not a marshmallow" Jake looks down slightly and Bella decides to say something "Don't talk to him like he's a child Evelyn" I turn around and face her before saying "Are you fucking serious right now? He just turned 16!"

Before Bella could say anything Mike walked out looking awful. Immediately all my anger was replaced with concern and I reached out for him only to feel his clammy hands "Oh, Mike, I think you caught the flu too honey" he shakily nodded before mumbling in a raspy voice "Yeah" Jake suddenly scoffed and said "If you don't feel well then maybe you should go to the hospital. Want me to put you there?!" Jake suddenly stood up and lunged at Mike.

Katie and I immediately got in between them "Whoa! Jake! What are you doing? The movie's over!" Bella said dumbly, while Katie stood on her tiptoes and cupped Jake's face which seemed to calm him down "Jake....you're burning up sweetheart" Katie said in a hushed voice "I- I don't know what's happening to me..." he mumbled before looking at Katie.

He had that look. The look that was only reserved for Katie. His heart screamed Katie, but his head and mouth yelled Bella. Why was love so complicated?

Jake suddenly pulled away from Katie and stormed out. I took Mike home and I made all the girls shower and I llysoled the car and washed their clothes before taking care of myself.