Arc 3: Enraptured Revelation: Chapter 1: Far From Me

Start from the beginning

August 12th

Today was a day much like every other... except it wasn't. Not at all. In fact, it was one special day, indeed... 

My birthday.

Of course, my luck had to be against me. Rain was cascading down the windows and making faint pounding sounds come through the roof. Even during the summer, Britain did everything it could to be a rainforest. 

To distract myself from the depressing (yet ironically relaxing) outside, I curled up on the sofa in the living room and began to read one of the books I had purchased recently. Though perhaps an author more designated for children, the adventures of Gilderoy Lockhart had captivated me. They were so fantabulous that they really captured away the imagination of the reader. Today's expedition I had to give it to Break With a Banshee which detailed Lockhart's incredible encounter with the Bandon Banshee. I was so absorbed that I hardly acknowledged Severus wandering into the room.

"No way, he did not!" I exclaimed as I read part of the page. My heart leapt as Lockhart prepared to banish the foul creature.

"He likely did not, you are correct." Severus said as he sat in his usual chair. 

"Eh? How do you know that?" I asked as he took me out of my fantasy. 

"I had the displeasure of being four years above him when we attended Hogwarts. He was obsessed with his image. Still is, judging by the book." he sighed and indicated towards it. 

"A lot of it does seem too... much to be true sometimes. I read for the interesting parts of it anyway. It's the writing I like more than the story." I explained happily. "Maybe the world would be interested in hearing about The Hound of Dreams." 

Severus paused to think. "That may be a story best kept to ourselves." he replied. He was right. Much of it was personal, plus I don't think Severus cares at all for the spotlight. 

Then, he began to reach around the back of the seat for something. Soon in his hands appeared a nicely wrapped rectangular object that fitted well in his grip. He stood up and handed it to me.

"Happy birthday." he said. Much like Christmas, Severus was definitely not a celebration person. This was likely the first time he had had to get a gift for anyone in a very long time so I appreciated the effort he applied.

"So you did remember! I'm surprised considering you forgot to tell me it was your birthday in January." I remarked teasingly as I opened the wrapping carefully to preserve what was inside.

Revealing the contents showed a small brown book titled "The Official Guide to the Quidditch World Cup". The blurb spoke about the inside containing the rules and history of the World Cup and the necessities to know and niche facts. 

"No way..." I muttered in shock. How did he know I had wanted this book for ages!?

"Open it." he gently prompted.

Raising an eyebrow, I followed his command. Within the cover sat two small tickets. Carefully picking them up, I realised exactly what they were. 

"YOU GOT US TICKETS TO THE WORLD CUP!?" I screamed, leapt up and wrapped my arms around him as tightly as I could. "How the hell did you get these!?"

"Dumbledore owes me a favour. Did you read the full thing?" he observed.

Looking down at the print more, I could see an additional print that made my breathing come to a halt. 

Includes a personal interview with Team Germany Seeker, Patricia Evergreen!

"You didn't. You did not. Oh my God, oh my-" I could barely get my words out in my spluttering state.