Chapter 8

A Double Date...

It was around 10pm when I got back to the hotel room with a smile on my face. All I could think about was him and getting a shower. As I closed the door behind me a familiar face shouted "SURPRISE!" "Jake! How have you been? Where's Amelia?" I asked while pulling him in for a hug. "I'm right here birthday girl!" Amelia said, as she appeared next to Jake. Behind them, the dinning room table was decorated with a green cloth and all my favourite food and beverages. "We thought we would make your bday special!" Amelia exclaimed. "Aw! Thank you guys so much! I love you guys!" I said with a grin while hugging them once more. "Before we dig into the food, we have little surprise..." 

And suddenly, someone knocked on the door. I opened the door and standing before me was Brian in a black suit and some roses. "Hey love." Brian said casually. "Brian! What the heck are you doing here?" I said, pulling him in for a kiss. I could hear Amelia's  "ooo" In the background. "I'm here to take you on a double date for your special day!" He said. A DOUBLE DATE?! "With Jake and Amelia?" I asked, excitement taking over me. Amelia nodded and hugged me from behind. "But! Before we go, me and Jake have gifts for you!" Amelia and Jake held two bags infant of them. I thanked them and grabbed the presents, not wanting to wait a moment longer. In Jake's bag there were a box of Lindor chocolates and a small cactus. "Thank you Jake!" I exclaimed. "Saving best till last I see." Amelia said with a grin on her face. I laughed and opened her present to reveal a black bikini set, some Ariana Grande perfume and a morphe makeup palate. "You know me too well!" I said with a giggle, while holding her in my arms. She is such a good best friend. 

"Well, are we ready to go? Our dinner reservation is in 50 minutes." Brian asked, excitement plastered on his face. "Yes, but can I have a quick shower and change? I look horrible." They all nodded and watched tv as I got in the shower and quickly washed my hair. I want to make sure I look PERFECT. After I got out of the shower, I dried off my hair and applied some natural makeup. I then put on a silk black dress that had a slit on the side and styled my hair with some hairspray and put on some black high heels. Let's hope I don't fall over and break my neck. I put on the perfume Amelia gave me earlier and added accessories such as my black shoulder bag, some jewellery and clear lip gloss. I inhaled and exhaled before I opened the bathroom door and Brian's head turned to me. He looked mesmerised while looking at my face. "You look gorgeous." He said, as he walked up to me to give me a kiss. The kiss was short, but passionate. Amelia came running up to me with a smile. "YOU LOOK SO PRETTY, IM JEALOUS!" She shouted and jumped up and down. 

After 20 minutes of walking, we made it to the restaurant. Inside, low-lit lints were hanging on the celling. I grabbed hold of Brian's arm and all 4 of us made our way to the table. After a few minutes of talking, a tall, blonde girl came to waiter us. As soon as she reached our table, her eyes turned to Brian and she stared at him for a few seconds before she asked, "What would you guys like?" I turned to Brian and could tell he was confused. She kept looking at him and I was starting to get annoyed. Can't she keep her eyes in her eye sockets? After we ordered she pushed her hair behind her shoulder, still keeping eye contact with Brian. 

While Brian was explaining to me about his business, the same waiter came over with our food. As we said our thank yous, she quickly gave Brian a note. Confused, he opened it with an annoyed expression on his face. I grabbed the note and scanned what she wrote on it. It said, "Hey I'm Lola, I think your cute so I have attached my number on the bottom of this paper. Your 'girlfriend' i'm guessing  doesn't need to know about this. xoxo." I felt anger within me. Why the heck didd'nt she take the hint that he's not interested? I looked around the restaurant and locked eyes with her. She quickly winked at Brian and stared at me with disgust. I got out of my seat and walked towards her. This little brat is not ruining my birthday. "Hi Lola, I am going to ask you once and one time only don't you dare try and get with my man. You know i'm his girlfriend but you still managed to think it was ok to flirt with him multiple times infant of my face. Wink at him again, and I will pull your eyes out of their sockets. Are we clear hun?" I asked, a smile appearing on my face. Brian, Amelia and Jake had all appeared a few metres away from me by then so they heard the whole conversation. "What if I'm better for him? I mean you're not a very pretty girl are you? He could do better in my opinion." I rolled my eyes and looked at her with disgust. Brian stepped forward and said, "Don't you dare talk to her like that-" But I held his hand and said, "I've got this Bri. Girl, I hope for you sake that you look in the mirror some time soon because all I see is ugly. On the inside and the outside. Now, do yourself a favour, get back in that kitchen and do your job before things get nasty. ok boo? Good now run along before I make you lose your job." I said and winked at her as she ran back to the kitchen. I felt so powerful.