Chapter 2

The plane ride...

2 hours into the flight, i started getting hungry so i ordered myself a chicken salad, water and an apple. I asked Amelia if she wanted anything but she said she was going to the toilet. The guy she was flirting with was also heading towards the toilet. Ew.
I got my food after about 10 minutes and i ate all of it in a few minutes due to me not eating all day. I decided afterwards to text my mum to make sure her and dad were ok. Then I carried on reading. Finally, Amelia returned and her hair was messed up and her lipstick was smudged. Second ew. She had a huge smirk on her face and winked at the guy. 'Did u go swimming in the toilet too?' I asked sarcastically. She laughed. 'Nah I just gave Jacob over there alittle experience.' She said, as she glanced at the man who had his belt unbuckled. 'On an airplane? Really? What if someone had walked in on you? Your gross.' I stated. She gasped Sarcastically and put her hand on her chest. 'Says the girl who's a VIRGIN. Besides. we only kissed.' She made sure to shout out the word 'virgin' so nearly everyone could hear. I instantly put my hand over her mouth, trying to shut her up. She bit my hand, causing me to pull my hand away in pain. 'OW.' I shouted. 'I'm going to wash my hands since you just BIT ME!' I said as i trembled to the bathroom. Just as i was about to go into the stall a tall, handsome looking man was walking out of the cubicle. I accidentally bumped into his shoulder causing him to fall backwards alittle. 'Oh I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where i was going.' I apologized. He put a grin on his face. 'No worrys, it was an accident. No harm done.' He replied, smiling. I smiled back and headed towards the cubicle. 'Oh by the way i sit in front of you and i saw you were reading Little Women. That's my favourite book, i just thought i would let you know.' He confessed. I turned around and giggled alittle with shock. 'Really? Same! Who's your favourite character? Mines Meg March.' I asked. 'Mines Jo March. I love how she is so independent and doesn't need a man to be at her side. A real inspiration.' He stated, which made me laugh. 'That's really cool that you care about women's independence. I'm not going to lie to you , but I'm a very big feminist myself!' I said. He giggled. 'Before i go, do you mind me asking for your name?' 'Yeah sure it's Mia, Mia Richards. What's yours?' I asked. 'Brian, Brian Evans.' He answered, smiling. 'Well i will see you when i get back to my seat Brian Evans.' I laughed and waved, as I headed into the cubicle. As soon as I closed the door behind me, I jumped up and down with glee. I had just talked to a boy! A really really nice boy too!

After I washed my hands I made my way back to my seat. 'What took you so long?' Amelia asked with confusion. 'I was having a conversation with someone.' I stated, trying to stay calm. 'With who?' She asked. 'A guy named Brian Evans' I said, while drinking my water. Her mouth opened wide and after afew seconds she regained her posture. 'WAIT REALLY!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!' She shouted, jumping up and down in her seat. 'Calm down Amelia he's literally infront of us. If he hears us-' I stated and she looked at me blank face. 'I heard all of that wonderful speech' Brian said while he looked at us. I sat still in shock. I can't believe he heard that. That's so embarrassing. 'Brian is it? I'll tell you what mate, my friend here, Mia, was wondering if you wanted to go for dinner with her tomorrow. How would you like that Evans?' Amelia asked with confidence. 'Yeah sure! What time and where?' Brian asked. DID A HOT GUY JUST AGREE TO GO ON A DATE WITH ME. Well, Amelia didn't mention a date to him but I'm sure he's smart enough to figure out what she meant. 'Maybe 5pm and there's a restaurant right next to the hotel we're staying in. I've read the reviews online and I've heard it's great!' Amelia suggests. She's so good at what she does. 'Great! What hotel are you staying at?" He asked. "Hotel central." She answered. "No way! Thats the hotel I'm staying at too!" He said.  "What floor are you staying on? We are staying on the 5th floor" I asked. "3rd floor" I gave Brian my number and finished off the water I ordered earlier.