33 | Tired

(All for us by Zendaya  )

✍︎︎ A R E S   R E I D ☁︎︎

(25th February 2021)

"About the um- anti-depressants"

I can visibly see her face fall.

Will she hate me now?

What happened?

What caused my Amore to go through such cruel pain?

A fucking Overdose?

She nearly died.

My Zora, nearly fucking died.

"It's a long story" Zora dismisses.
"We have time" I reply glancing at my Apple Watch.

She could slap me right now.

"I was fifteen" Zora says, her voice breaking at the end.

She leans back into the seat looking straight forward though I keep my gaze on her.

"When I was twelve my parents divorced, I moved in with dad then boarding school. He'd barely called me so it was just me, all alone" She continues.

"After awhile my grades when down hill. The teachers contacted my father and when spring break hit I went back to his house he decided to take me to a therapist" Zora explains her eyes glossy.

"The therapist diagnosed me with mild depression, it wasn't healthy for a 13-ish year to have depression. So they decided to make me start taking anti-depressants" She says.

"When I went back to school- pretended like everything was fine, got my grades back up, everything seemed fine to others"

"But inside I was dying slowly, mentally"

"Imagine- a fourteen year old with anti-depressants all alone, on the verge of taking her own life"

"Why wouldn't she try to consume about a handful of pills?" Zora says chuckling slightly with tears running down her cheeks.

"To kill herself" She ends.

'To kill herself'

Herself.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

My Amore, nearly fucking died because of her
so-called father.

My baby.

My innocent Amore.

"What happened next?" I ask.

"When I woke up, I was in a hospital room with doctors surrounding me. When they managed to get the drugs out of my system the doctors had me on suicide watch- with therapists running in and out of the room" Zora explains.