chapter sixty

Evie wakes up to her alarm going off and she lets out a quiet groan as she turns it off. She slowly gets up and goes to the bathroom. Afterwards, she turns music on her phone and starts to get ready. She brushes her teeth while dancing to her music. She dances back to her room and gets dressed.

Evie lays her blanket flat on her bed, it being good enough for her, and she goes to the kitchen, finding Sam making eggs and Dean goes to the toaster where three pieces of bread just popped.

"It's hot." Sam warns his brother.

Dean grabs a piece of toast, tossing it between his hands.

"Ahh! Hot bread!" Dean exclaims, dropping it onto a plate.

"Dumbass." Evie coughs. Sam lightly chuckles as Dean gives her a bitch face and she innocently grins.

Evie spends most of her day watching TV and played with Miracle outside for a bit.

~ ~ ~

Dean and Evie are in the library and researching, Miracle sitting next to Dean. Sam walks in and sits next to Evie, getting on his laptop.

"Nothing weird coming over the wire. Social media looks clean." Sam says. "You guys got anything?" Sam asks.

"Zilch." Evie answers, the two turning to Dean who is staring at his laptop intently.

"Dean?" Sam asks.

"I got something." Dean nods.

+++

They pull up outside a restaurant and get out.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Sam asks.

"Oh, I don't have a choice. This is my destiny." Dean states, leading the way to a pie fest. There's a banner reading "Welcome to the 43rd Annual Akron Pie Fest!"

"It's just so beautiful." Dean says, getting choked up.

"Are you crying?" Sam asks.

"What? No." Dean denies and Sam and Evie share amused smile, trying to suppress their laughs. "I'm... I'm gonna go get some, uh..."

"Pie." Sam says.

"I'm gonna get some damn pie." Dean nods, walking off, his brother and niece laughing.

Evie goes off to find her own pie while Sam finds a bench and sits at it. Evie gets a few pieces of pie and finds Sam, going over and sitting next to him.

"You need that much?" Sam asks, grimacing at the amount of dessert.

"Okay, multiple pieces of pie on one day for the first time in God knows how long is not going to kill me, dad." Evie says.

Dean walks up, dodging people who passed him which annoys him as he tells them to be careful. Dean sits on the other side of Sam. Dean lets out a satisfied sigh.