Chapter 13: The Final Race

Night has finally fallen. Earl, Reiko, and Mr. Boswell headed down where the others are waiting down at the finish line. Sean and Nadia changed quickly into their normal clothes. Sean wears a long black sleeve shirt, dark gray pants, and black combat boots. Nadia wears a black tank top, dark gray long sleeve cardigan, blue denim skinny jeans and black combat boots. They both stare down the mountain together. Sean grabbed her hand and laced their fingers together. Their wedding bands gleam in the moonlight.

Takashi had chosen the most difficult mountain in all of Tokyo. The bends were nasty sharp and the chances of falling to their deaths were high. One wrong move and you could be thrown off the edge. This added extra pressure for Sean because he had never driven on this mountain before. Sean and Nadia looked at each other. He squeezed their hands together with determination in their eyes.

Earl and Reiko set up recording points at all different locations of the mountain and had everyone connect to their phones so that they wouldn't miss any of the action. Twinkie and the rest of the team were waiting at the finish line. Everyone was buzzing with excitement. Sean gently nudged Nadia telling her it was time. They both got in the mustang, Sean in the driver seat and Nadia in the passenger seat.

Sean heard the familiar sound of DK's engine. He looked in his rear-view mirror as did Nadia and saw DK's car. He drove up beside Sean's Ford Mustang. Then they saw one of the Yakuzas men in the middle between their cars. Sean and Nadia glanced at each other as the man raised his arms.

"Ride or die." Nadia said. Sean nodded.

"Ride or die." The man thrust his arms down, they were off. Sean, Nadia, and DK sped down the mountain and drifted around the fast corner with ease and precision. DK was in the lead. Sean was struggling a little, not so used to drifting in a large car on a windy mountain. Each corner became tighter and more difficult to handle. Nadia watched DK smash on Sean's side of his car enjoying Sean struggle. Onlookers were cheering in front of their cars, dangerously close to the road. On one bend, DK was too wide, onlookers ran from DK's car and smashed into a car. Sean took the lead. Nadia let out a sigh, but it only lasted for a minute as she looked behind and saw DK gaining on them.

Everyone cheered and kept their beady eyes glued onto their screens. Mr. Boswell also looks at the screen of Twinkie's phone and saw his son and daughter in law in the lead. In a matter of seconds, DK was back in the lead and Sean was struggling to keep up. It was bend after bend after bend. It was a battle for first after every bend. Nadia can see that DK made it noticeably clear that he wanted to be victorious as he constantly rammed his car into Sean's. She gasped every time DK would ram his car into Sean's and swore, she heard him laughing. The two kept battling it out and the nerves were at an all-time high down at the finish line.

At the last bend, Sean was back in the lead. DK gained speed on him and rammed him in the rear back making Sean almost swerve to the edge of the mountain but gained back in control at the last minute. DK rammed on Nadia's side of Sean's car getting his revenge on Han's little sister. Sean's car swerved to the side and DK nearly driven Sean and Nadia off the mountain at the bend. Quick reflexes, Sean was able to get his car back in control as he spun the car around and drifted at the last second on the bend. However, DK is now in the lead again. Sean gets payback by ramming DK's car and puts himself back in the lead. DK rams the back of Sean's car and speeds up to race by Sean's car. DK drives up on the side of the mountain to put himself back in the lead and the back of his ca's fender breaks off and hits Sean's front window shield. Nadia yelps at it gets hit and the window cracks. She can literally hear DK's manic laughter. Sean then stomps on the pedal gaining speed and pass by DK once again. That puts him back in the lead. Nadia briefly saw DK frustrated and angry face. She grins as Sean chuckles.

Suddenly, in an effort to drift out of the way of Sean, DK pulled on the breaks and misjudged how hard he was to turn the wheel, as his car spun wildly out of control and tumbled down the hill. Nadia gasped as she watches DK's car gets wrecked down the hill. Sean sped off down the track, baffled at what he had just seen. As Sean came around one of the last bends and glanced at Nadia, DK's car nearly pummeled him. Nadia's eyes widened.