Chapter 9: Downtown Tokyo Chase

The following morning, Sean arrived at school with two large bruises on the side of his face. The swelling on his lip and eyes went down thanks for the antiseptics cream Nadia applied. Nadia was right by his side when they both arrived at school. Some say that Sean and DK got into a punch up, others believed that Morimoto got the best of him on the way home from school. The rest think the fight was with Morimoto over Nadia. No one knew the truth though.

Neela didn't see both Nadia and Sean at all last night or this morning until they both arrived at school. She immediately asked Sean and Nadia what happened and much to her disappointment, it was all because of Takashi. That afternoon Neela told Nadia she would confront her boyfriend. Nadia ranted it was a bad idea. Neela told her she will be fine. So, when Neela returned to Han's garage, she had dried tears down her cheeks.

Sean, Nadia, Earl, and Reiko were busy working on the EVO and Han was in the loft sorting out some paperwork for Takashi. Sean and Nadia immediately changed out of their school uniforms and into their normal clothes. Nadia wears a light gray tank top, denim shorts that go down to her mid thighs, light gray knee-high socks, and black combat boots. Sean wears a long white sleeve shirt, jeans, and his combat boots. They both knew they would be working on Sean's red EVO before hers. Earl and Reiko decided to work with them to get their minds from worrying about DK's soon to be ex-girlfriend. Neela found the garage doors wide open and the oddly familiar scent of stale oils filled her senses. She felt like she was home. Nadia turned at the sound of soft footsteps entering the building. She can see Neela had clearly been crying and hurried over to see what happened to her old friend. Nadia put a comforting hand on her arm and by the melancholic expression on her face, it involves DK.

"Come on." Nadia soothed and took her hand leading up to the loft. Sean, Earl, and Reiko followed them upstairs. Neela explained what happened and what Takashi threatened her and reminded her of why she was still here in the first place. Sean went into the kitchen and came back with a cup of tea and some biscuits for Neela. She told them she was angry and afraid and decided to go to the one place she felt accepted and people who are trying to help her. Nadia felt her blood boil in rage. How does DK treat Neela like a possession? She excused herself and immediately went into her and Sean's room. Sean followed right after her. He found her sitting on the couch heavily panting, her elbows leaned on her knees, fists clenched that turned her knuckles white and head bowed down. Sean shut their door and immediately rushed to her. He kneeled in front of her and gently rubbed her arms.

"Get away from me, Sean." Nadia growled as she felt her skin become cold. Sean shook his head.

"I ain't leavin you. Whatever it is, we do it together. I ain't breakin my promise." He told her. Her head snapped up and Sean saw her dark brown eyes turn icy blue.

"Get away from me, now." Nadia does not want Sean near her. Not when she is like this. This is the part she has not told Sean yet. That she was born with a gift. However, she kept it a secret. Not even Han knows. Sean does not move. He stays right where he is. In front of his girlfriend. He cupped her face in his hands and stared into her icy blue eyes.

"I ain't leavin." He told her sternly. "I'm with ya till the very end. We are in this together. I love you. I ain't afraid." Sean told her. Nadia closed her icy blue eyes and took a few deep breaths. The coldness in her skin has disappeared and her heartbeat went back to a steady beat. She opened her eyes and they returned to their normal dark brown color. A sigh escaped her lips and their foreheads touched.

"I'm sorry." She whispered. Sean gently shook his head against her forehead.

"It's okay. It ain't your fault. Like I said. I love you Nadia Prince and I ain't leavin ya. Your stuck with me for good." Sean said with a small grin. Nadia softly snorted with a small smile on her lips. Sean leaned in and his lips gently met hers. Their lips moved in sync slowly and passionate. They broke the kiss and their foreheads touched once again.