Chapter 10: Aftermath

They got off the train, Sean carried Nadia bridal style in his arms and Neela right beside them quickly walking to Sean's place. Correction his father's home. Once they stood in front of Sean's place, he gently set Nadia on her feet, but still has his arm wrapped around her shoulders to keep her steady. Sean pressed the doorbell with his free hand and glanced down at Nadia. Tears still stream down her cheeks and leaned heavily into his side.

"He's gone." She whispered. "Han is gone." Sean pulled her even closer to his side and kissed the top of her head. Neela gently rubbed her old friend's back trying to comfort the loss of her older brother. Suddenly, the sickening screeching of tires and roar of the engine that is awfully familiar. All three looked over and saw DK came to a screeching stop a couple of inches away from them. Anger came flooding back into Nadia's body and glared at DK getting out of his car with his gun still in his hand. Nadia sneakily stashed the small item she had clutched in her hand in the back pocket of her jean shorts. Sean and Nadia marched towards DK as Neela tried to get in between them.

"Takashi." She begged him. He glanced at her.

"Get in." He ordered Neela in Japanese. Nadia pushed DK with a war cry and onto the hood of his car. DK's back hit roughly against his car. Nadia punched him hard to leave a bruise. DK grabbed her fist in mid air and backhand her hard enough to knock her to the ground. Sean pushed back DK and threw punches at DK. DK blocked Sean's punch, roughly pushed him off and pointed his gun at Sean. Suddenly, an icelike spear shot at his hand knocking the gun out of his hand. DK looked behind Sean and eyes widened. Nadia's appearance changed. Her black raven hair turned white snowlike color, skin pale as ice, lips blue as her icy blue glowing eyes.

"Don't make me go frosty." Nadia spoke in a cold, hard tone at DK as cold white mist seep out of her hands. DK went to grab his other gun, but they heard another gun being clicked off.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Sean's father told DK. He glanced at Sean's father then back at Sean. It was a standoff between Sean and Nadia and DK and Sean's father. Neela looked between DK and Sean and Nadia who slowly walked up to stand next to Sean. Neela knows this needs to end. She doesn't want her friends to get hurt anymore. Neela looked at DK.

"Okay." Sean and Nadia looked at Neela. "I'll go with you." She told DK.

"Neela." Sean said her name telling her not to go with him. Neela walked over to DK's car and got into the passenger seat. Sean and Nadia glared at DK. An icelike spear formed in her hand.

"See you when daddy's not around." DK threatened him as he walked backwards to his car. A sudden cry escaped his lips and looked down at his forearm. The slash formed into an ice like burn on his forearm. DK looked at Nadia glaring at him with her glowing icy blue eyes.

"Enjoy the little parting gift of mine." She sneered at him. DK quickly got into his car and drove away. Sean and Nadia watch DK's car disappeared into the night. Nadia let out a tired sigh and closed her eyes. Her appearance then changed back to her normal black raven hair, no pale blue lips, and no pale white skin. Sean went over to his girlfriend making sure she's okay. Once he saw she was okay, he pulled her into his arm and hugged her close to his chest. Nadia responded by wrapping her arms around his waist. Their moment was ruined by Sean's father.

"I'm putting you on a plane tonight." Sean's father stated. Sean and Nadia looked at the elder Boswell.

"Dad." Sean called out to him. His father looked at his son and his girlfriend.

"Sean, don't argue with me." He told his son. Sean let go of Nadia, but he held her hand in his.

"I did this. I can't run away." He approached his father. "I can't." Nadia glanced up at Sean then back at Sean's father. "I won't leave her behind." He sternly spoke.