Chapter 5: This is My Mexico

So, their morning was eventful. Sean was being scolded by his father for bringing Nadia back home unsupervised. Sean told his father nothing happened between them besides sleeping. He told him they did not have sex. They ate dinner and hung out here and it was too dark for Nadia to go home. Nadia mostly stood behind Sean holding his hand tightly the entire time as he talked to his father. She hates being in the middle and causing problems. She did not mean to cause problems. Sean assured her that it is not her fault. Sean and his father have always had a complicated father and son relationship.

After the argument between Sean and his father, they met up with Han, Earl, Reiko, Twinkie and some of Han's other acquaintances went down to a fishing dock in Tokyo and set up a course for Sean to learn how to drift. Inevitably, he was awful. Sean was crashing into everything in sight and gave some birds quite a fright when he nearly slaughtered them. Nadia sat next to Reiko on the couch watching Sean try to drift. She would wince at the sound of crashing and scraping of the EVO and constant yelling from her friends.

"My mother! She's blind in one eye and she can drift better than that! Han, where did you find this guy?" Earl complained while waving his hands about the place. Han seemed to become more agitated every second.

"Give Sean a break! I'd like to see you do better!" Nadia challenged. "What do you drive? Hyundai?" She snapped at Earl as she heard the squealing of the wheels of the EVO as it came to a full stop. Sean turned off his red EVO and got out. Earl gave a smirk at Nadia. Nadia scoffed at the mechanic as he went over to Sean's red EVO. Sean walked over to Nadia and sat down next to her on the couch. She snuggled into his side. She wrapped her arm around his waist and rest her head against his chest. Sean responded by wrapping his arm around her shoulders and waist and leaned back further into the couch. Han eyed them with reserved judgement. Han does not need to get her hopes up. The last guy Nadia really liked roofied her and tried to force himself on Nadia. Fortunately, Han noticed something was wrong and beat the guy. Told him to never go near Nadia ever again. But when she met Sean, she saw something different. Something in Sean brought something up inside of her. Sean was able to bring a smile to Nadia's lips. A smile Han has not seen in a long time. Han also noticed that Nadia wore the same outfit from last night expect she is wearing a long sleeve black shirt that not hers and it swallows her frame. He immediately knows that's Sean's shirt. Meaning she spent the night with Sean last night. And Han does not like that at all.

Nadia and Sean walked to school together the next day, holding hands and Sean couldn't stop ranting about his drifting. Nadia smiled at him. They laughed and talked the whole way and really got to know more about each other. Nadia told Sean about her families complicated history. Her mother left when she was three years old. Her father was too focused on his work in the Navy and did not have enough time to spend time with his own daughter. So, Han's family took her in. Han became the protective older brother. Nadia has been in the racing world for a long time and understands the ins and outs. Especially, Han's side deals.

They walked in the halls still talking as they heard the bell ran and headed to class.

"Sean! Nadia!" They both turned around and saw Earl and Reiko rushing towards them. Sean and Nadia glanced at each other as Earl and Reiko rushed them towards the stairs to the roof. They saw a massive group surrounding Morimoto beating on Twinkie. Naida immediately rushed to Twinkie's side as Morimoto took off his shirt.

"That's for selling me a broken iPod!" He shouted in Japanese. She glared up at him as she helped Twinkie to his feet.

"Come on, man, you broke it." Twinkie said through the pain of his jaw. Sean and the others rushed towards them. Sean got in between Twinkie and Nadia as Morimoto got closer. Sean pushed him back.