𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - WE CAN SEE HIS STUPID FACE

CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ WE CAN SEE HIS STUPID FACE

MAX HAD PROMPTLY suggested a sleepover, to celebrate their day of dumping asses, eating ice cream and bullying snobby teenagers. Of course, after Rosie quickly explained to El what a sleepover was, El had volunteered to have it at her and Hopper's cabin. Rosie hadn't been to many sleepovers (the luxury of having little to no friends!), but this summer Max had been sleeping over at her house and vice versa constantly. She had become used to impromptu sleepovers and hangout sessions since Max wasn't exactly confined by rules of time. Her words, not Rosie's. Rosie was very well versed in what Max considered to be fun sleepover activities, so she barely batted an eyelash when Max started to dance around El's room, singing along to Angel by Madonna like a madwoman.

"You must be an angellll!" Max sang, grabbing Rosie's hand and pulling her up to dance, who had been peacefully looking at magazines with El, "I can see it in your eyes!"

Rosie laughed as Max twirled her around, beginning to sing along, "Full of wonder and surprise...!"

The girls burst into a fit of giggles, leaning against each other to support the weight of their laughter before Max noticed El staring intently at a magazine picture. Rosie leaned closer, finding a photograph of Ralph Macchio to be the thing that had so captured El's interest.

"Oh, you found Ralph Macchio," Max mused, kneeling down on the floor next to her.

"Macchio?"

"Yeah, he's the Karate Kid," Max explained briefly before she demonstrated a poor karate chop that almost made El jump out of her skin, "Hai-yah! He's so hot, right? I bet he's an amazing kisser, too."

"I prefer Elisabeth Shue," Rosie quipped, sitting down beside her girlfriend, who rolled her eyes.

"...Shoe?"

"She's the Karate Kid's girlfriend," Rosie explained to the brunette, "Even though she would crush it as a lesbian."

"She so would, right?" Max agreed, nodding her head, before turning to El once more, a look of curiosity painting her face, "Hey, uh... is Mike a good kisser?"

"I don't know," El replied honestly, cheeks tinting pink, "He's my first boyfriend."

"Ex-boyfriend," The redhead corrected swiftly. El's posture slackened as if remembering the past few hours in a few seconds.

Rosie hadn't been through a breakup just yet (and hopefully, she wouldn't!) and therefore, couldn't exactly empathise with her fully. El was hurting, and although Max was acting as if it weren't a big deal, it was definitely a big deal to El. She and Mike were practically attached at the hip. Mike was the one who never gave up on her, and in the end, she was the one who had given up on him. Rosie knew that must've been terrifying.