𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - GREAT HAIR

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ GREAT HAIR

ROSIE UNDERSTOOD WANTING TO have friends, on a massive level. Rosie was nothing but nice to people, however, people always had an aversion to her. It made her think, was she too nice? Did people not like nice? Even a few teachers didn't like her, but maybe that was for different reasons. She desperately wanted friends, and maybe because of that, she had a little trouble saying no to people, because she wanted people to like her. But what she had a little trouble getting was keeping a Demogorgon that you knew was dangerous because you had a budding friendship with it? Rosie thought over all of this as she peered through the gaps of wood, waiting with Dustin for Dart to come bounding out of his house. Nerves picked at her stomach, every second felt like a century.

She glanced over at Dustin for a brief second, seeing how intently he was gazing outside, and when she turned back, she saw it.

Dart was tentatively making his way outside of the house, hopping down the steps as he followed the trail of meat, gobbling up each slice with an aggressive gurgle. She breathed a quiet sigh of relief at the fact Dart was falling for it, though it didn't get rid of the tenseness that builds in your stomach in situations like these, like when you're hiding from someone in the game of hiding and seek. Except this wasn't a game.

"Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes," Rosie heard Dustin murmur beside her, and she couldn't help but mimic his enthusiasm as her hands began to fidget with the handle of her hockey stick.

The brunette watched as Dart slowly followed the path, peering into the open shelter. Everything was going well, everything was fine!

Until Dart snapped its hideous head towards them, making direct eye (well, not really, Dart didn't have eyes) contact with Rosie.

She startled a little, letting out a breath of surprise, muttering, "Oh crap!" Rosie immediately backed up to the wall, bringing Dustin with her, and the two waited in horrible anticipation.

Rosie half expected Dart to bust down the doors, and eat them whole, but nothing came. It was just deadly silence, the suffocating kind. Not yet, at least.

She swallowed thickly, as she hesitantly walked forward a little, towards the gaps of light, only to see Dart watching them, his foul little face seemed to scowl at her, all affection he had for her a few days ago seemingly gone. Rosie backed up again, her breathing heavy, joining Dustin once more.