𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"What are you doing?"

She stared at Dream, the blank look on her face when she entered the bathroom and saw him holding his damp hair with his hand while the other hand of his held a knife.

"Uh- cutting my hair? They're too long in my opinion. Do you need to use bathroom or-"

"No, no, just wanted to shower, it'll wait. You need help? Don't want you to look like some kind of anime guy with poor bangs. Especially when you're cutting it with a knife."

He rolled his eyes at her remark.

"If that doesn't bother you, then sure."

He let go of his hair, spinning the blade in his hands before placing it down on the bathroom cabinet.

"Sit down, giraffe. You're too tall."

"You're just short."

He grumbled but complied nevertheless, seating himself on the tiled floor, his gaze fixated on her reflection in the mirror.

"Stay still."

He hummed, as she picked the hairbrush from the shelves, combing his hair, getting rid of the knots in his hair, which he should admit, was a soothing sensation. He didn't even notice the way his tail swished back and forth at the feeling.

She was careful, slow and when she was finally done combing his hair, avoiding newly formed horns, she settled it back on the shelf, instead, picking scissors.

It caught his attention, his body tensing up a little as the flashback of Quackity torturing him with scissors swam in front of his eyes.

"Honestly, I'd like you to remove the mask so I could properly calculate the right length of the hair I need to cut. If that's okay with you, of course."

"Oh- sure."

He tugged his mask off, after hesitating a bit, discarding it on the floor, staring at his reflection for a moment before averting his eyes.

"Thanks, handsome."

He didn't respond and her gaze fixed itself back on his hair and the scissors in her hands, carefully cutting the strands of his hair.

It took almost an entire hour, from her spotting him in the bathroom, wishing to cut his hair to the finished product.

"So, how's it?"

She placed the scissors aside, stepping away from him to look at her work of art properly.

It was good, both had to admit, looked a lot like his past haircut, which he liked.

"It's good, thanks."

When he was about to stand up, she pushed him back down by his shoulders, causing him to look up in confusion.

"Hey, I expect more compliments for that."