𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

𝓣𝓗𝓔 door of the lonely cabin that was located in the depths of the forest creaked open, the man, soaked in rainwater stepping inside.

The guy in white hoodie, who was napping on the sofa with his hand folded behind his head, woke up due to the sudden disturbance.

"Oh, Dream- it's just you. So, uh- How'd it go?"

He questioned, as he sat up on the sofa with a yawn.

"She's not there. Her bones are missing."

Dream's voice was low, as he responded, tugging off his wet cloak and kicking away his boots.

"But how? Who would need her-"

"Wilbur certainly. It's always him. Always."

His response was merely a snarl, as he marched into bathroom to dry himself up and change his attire, maybe even shower.

Punz understood what Dream was up to, so he let him go without further questioning. It could wait.

As the door of the bathroom slammed shut, Dream pulled the top of the jumpsuit he wore over his head after discarding the mask that was cracked beyond repair, dropping both of them onto the floor.

A long, heavy sigh slipped out of him as he made his way to the mirror, taking a glance at himself- his scars mostly, the ones that were littered all across his body like stars on the sky.

His blonde hair with white streaks here and there has gotten longer now, reaching his broad shoulders, his skin was way paler than it was before and was littered with new set of scars, he's gotten a bit skinny due to the lack of food he had back in the prison, circles around the green eyes, that were dulled to the point that they seemed grey.

The tips of his fingers were charcoal black, it wasn't dirt or something else- no, it was because of the reviving.

The white streaks in his hair were there for the same exact reason.

He looked like a mess, he knew it.

He also knew that he needed to fix his looks to be at least a little bit more presentable.

Frowning, he looked away from his reflection in the mirror, walking off to the tub, to take a shower.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

The click of the bathroom door was enough to let Punz know that Dream was done and he glanced over to see Dream drying his still damp hair with the towel, the mask slung around his face.

"You wanna eat something, dude?"

He questioned but got only a shake of head in response and with that, Dream marched off to his room.

This has been going on for too long.

Punz's brows furrowed and he followed Dream behind, catching him by his shoulder before he could slip into his room and lock himself up.

"Quit behaving like a moody teenager and eat something. You're gonna die of starvation. Get yourself together and make yourself a little bit more presentable if you're gonna bring her back."

The last words were accompanied with a smirk, because he knew, he knew, that Dream, back then had a huge crush on her, before she died.

"What..? If you think that I still like her then you're an idiot."

Dream dismissed Punz's hand but another one landed on his other shoulder.

He glared at the shorter through the mask.

"The only idiot here is you. Still denying your feelings."

"Look, we need an ally. Schlatt isn't an option, so Y/n it is. Plus, she helped us to destroy her own nation back then, so I'm more than sure she'll help us."

The explanation of his had a point but Punz knew that this was just an excuse to get to see her again.

"Alright, whatever. Just eat something. Don't want you to die or something."

This time, he held back from blabbing out more remarks and headed back, letting Dream slip into his own chambers.

Surely, he doesn't like her. His stupid little crush died away long ago. He doesn't want something like that happening to him again, because once, it almost destroyed his plans.

Her death was only the proof of it.

So, why would he risk it again? Punz is just being stupid, thinking that he knows everything.

Dismissing the annoying thoughts with a shake of head, he glanced at the clock, planning the visit to Wilbur for tomorrow.

Oh, he must have thought that Dream wouldn't know, wouldn't guess whose doing that was. Thought Dream was so silly to fail to notice and fall for it and that's he's so sly?

How utterly pathetic.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰