"Mr. Jeon Jungkook, do you really want to know every aspect of my life?" Heiran suddenly asked into her phone, her tone diving ominously low. There was a pause on the other end.

"Giving me signals, watching my movements, breathing down my neck every single time! Are you a stalker?"

The unnerving silence was only broken by her racing heart and the eerily quiet footsteps that followed her.

"...I— I am so sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable in any way, Hei— Ms. Ahn. I didn't think you knew, wait—"

"Listen, Prosecutor. Listen, listen!" Heiran spoke impatiently, her act of impatience masking her increasing speed. "Listen carefully. I wouldn't have been in this mess, this whatever it is! This case wouldn't have gotten this f*cking complicated if you had not followed me into this uninvited. You hear me?!"

"You are being followed?"

"YES! Yes, he finally gets it! Oh my god, that's exactly what I've been trying to tell you! Honestly?! You're so stuck up in your own head to even realize what's happening around you or get help if you need it! Who do you think you are? The president of South Korea?!"

"Where are you?"

"Where am I?! I'm going home! You didn't think I would stay there any longer after the way you treat me like sh*t, prosecutor, did you?!"

"And tell me where the hell is that, Ahn."

"I don't know! Ask Yoongi! Do you think I'm the f*cking Naver for me to answer you every single time?!"

"Hang on. Don't end the call. I'm coming over there right now."

Heiran almost breathed a sigh of relief but held back to not break out of her character. "You are coming over here right now?! Wow, you're even invading my home now, prosecutor, aren't you a total stalker!"

When he didn't hear a reply, her blood chilled, inviting the fear that she had managed to hold back for so long. Heiran tried to hide her trembling hands as she walked, continuing with the conversation even without a recipient.

"Seriously, Prosecutor?" Heiran asked miserably, desperation cracking her voice as her hands shook, "You are a total psycho, you know that?"

* * *

Prosecutor Jeon Jungkook raced out of his office to the Legal Assistant's desk, swiping his coat and his car keys on the way. His fingers gripped the phone in his hands, hoping sincerely that Heiran would be fine. Hang in there, please. He prayed internally as his heart thundered in dread. This was what he had been fearing ever since Heiran began receiving the threats from the supposed killer of the Yeongsan murders and now that his fears were coming true, he was going crazy. He had hoped keeping her out of the eyes of the media would ensure her safety but it seemed as if the culprit was brilliant. Either that or they had an insider who had clearly informed them about Heiran's involvement in the case. Jungkook wished that was not the case. He wished even more that she was okay. 

"ASSISTANT MIN!"

Yoongi looked up from among the piles of case files surrounding him, alarmed at his unusual volume and haste. "Yes?"

"Where does Ms. Ahn live?" Jungkook's stern voice rang through the office. The feline man's hands folded against his chest, his eyebrow rising high in doubt.

"Why do you need to know that, Prosecutor Jeon?"

He showed him the phone, his eyes conveying urgency. "It's Ms. Ahn. She's being followed."