Prologue

April 17

Dear Choi Jisu,

It has been three long years since the last time I saw you, and I cannot wait any longer to see you again. I have waited patiently, but the longing in my heart has become unbearable. I need to see you, to hold you, to ask for your forgiveness. I hope that the passing of time has healed the wounds that I have caused you, and that we can move forward from the past.

The three years that have passed without you by my side have felt like an eternity. Every day, I have missed you more and more. I cannot wait for one more minute to be reunited with you. I long to feel your embrace, to kiss your lips, to touch your skin. The memory of your presence has stayed with me every day since you left, and it has sustained me through the darkest moments of my life.

Do you think we have suffered enough? I do. I hope that you also want to see me now, that you also miss me as much as I miss you. You are the love of my life, and I cannot imagine a future without you in it. Please, my Julia, let us start again.

Love,

Shin Ryujin

As I finished writing the letter, tears streamed down my face. I missed her so much, and the thought of seeing her again after three long years filled me with both excitement and trepidation. Would she even want to see me? Would she be able to forgive me for the pain that I had caused her?

Despite my doubts, I could not resist the pull of my heart. I grabbed my car keys, feeling a sense of urgency that I had not felt in years. I had to see her, to make amends, to start anew.

As I ran down the stairs of my apartment, my hand shook with anticipation. I felt like a different person than the one who had last seen her three years ago. The weight of my guilt had taken its toll, and my once bright and confident spirit had been replaced with a hollow shell of a man.

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and was shocked at the person staring back at me. The bags under my eyes, the wrinkles on my forehead, the slumped posture... I barely recognized myself anymore. When was the last time I had truly smiled, laughed, felt alive? The memory seemed like a distant dream.

But I had no time to dwell on my own despair. I had to focus on the task at hand: seeing her, telling her how much I loved her, and asking for her forgiveness. My heart raced as I got into my car and started driving towards her.

The streets were eerily empty, as if the universe was conspiring to make this moment all about us. My phone rang, and I saw that it was Yuna calling. I hesitated for a moment, then answered.

"Ryujin, where are you?" she whispered, her voice filled with fear. "Tell me you're not drunk..."

"Please, Ryujin, come back home," she begged, her voice breaking. "Let Professor Lia live her life. She's already moved on, married to someone else. She have forgotten about you. You need to move on too."

I felt a pang of anger rise within me. How could she suggest that I give up on the love of my life, the person who had made my heart sing like no one else ever had? But I knew that Yuna was only looking out for me, trying to protect me from more pain.

But then, a sudden beep interrupted my thoughts. I looked up, and my heart sank as I saw a truck hurtling towards me at breakneck speed. I tried to swerve, but it was too late. The next thing I knew, my phone slipped from my hand, and darkness enveloped me.

I could feel the impact of the collision, the shards of glass piercing through my skin, the excruciating pain that shot through my body. But above all, I could feel her presence in my thoughts, the warmth of her embrace, the softness of her lips, the love that she had given me, and the love that I had lost. And then, everything went black.

I woke up in a daze, my head pounding with a splitting headache. Everything was a blur and my vision was hazy. I tried to sit up, but my body was sore and aching all over. It took a few moments for me to realize that I was lying in a hospital bed.

As I looked around, I saw familiar faces - Yuna, Chaeryeong, and Yeji - looking at me with concern etched on their faces. They must have been the ones who brought me here.

"What happened?" I croaked, my throat dry and scratchy.

"You were in an accident," Yuna said softly, tears welling up in her eyes.

That's when it all came rushing back to me. My reckless behavior, my desperation to see Lia, and the truck that had hit me. Had it all been for nothing?

I felt a lump form in my throat as I remembered the letter I had written to Lia. When she read it... Would she even care?

...

{ 𝗗 𝗜 𝗦 𝗖 𝗟 𝗔 𝗜 𝗠 𝗘 𝗥 }

This is a work of fiction.  Events and incidents are the products of the author's imagination.

The story contains typographical, and grammatical errors. This is my first ever fan fiction of JinLia , so please bare with me and my terrible writing skills. Thank you : )

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 ! 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗸.